Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hamster Section!

3 posters

Go down

Hamster Section! Empty Hamster Section!

Post by secondhandrose Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:39 am

Just my little tip for saving money for first-time leo owners. I'm sorry if this has ever been brought up already. But I found some great hides and food/water dishes, etc, in the hamster section for significantly less money than the reptile section. Sure, they don't necessarily look as nice as the beautiful exoterra hides but they're very functional and will definitely work. I'll post a pictures of those things when I get home.

Also, Michaels (a chain craft store here in the states...not sure about elsewhere) has awesome stuff, too. I bought a cute little wooden birdhouse that we took the bottom off of a cut a door in as a hide. Also, they have nice rocks you can buy for 3 dollars a bag that are big enough to not worry about impaction. You can silicone them together to make pretty cool structures. Smile
secondhandrose
secondhandrose

LGF Points LGF Points : 133

Back to top Go down

Hamster Section! Empty Re: Hamster Section!

Post by Carmella Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:59 am

Michaels does have cool stuff. Alot of the small bird houses are like a dollar. The dollar trees also have those rocks and of course they are only a dollar. Leos dont care what kind of hide you use. Or that its for a hampster. All they care about is that they have somewhere to hide Very Happy
Carmella
Carmella
Loyal Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Karagain Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:01 am

Aquarium stuff can be good for leo's too Smile especially if you looking for a more natural look!
Karagain
Karagain
Forum Staff

Status Status : Finally got a day off :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 1246

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down