Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exo-Terra Water Dish (small)

4 posters

Go down

Exo-Terra Water Dish (small) Empty Exo-Terra Water Dish (small)

Post by Tsuhei Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:19 am

Exo-Terra Small Water Dish
PT2801

This particular item is something that can’t be left out of any reptile cage - a water dish! The Exo-Terra small water dish not only looks like a real rock on the outside, it is also an important piece in your tank because it can hold either food or water for your beloved friend.

Exo-Terra Water Dish (small) Pt2801waterdish

The small 3 x 3 ½’’ resin water dish has one side fashioned into a corner-like shape to fit snugly into the corner of your reptile’s enclosure. Actually, to be truthful, it isn’t truly a “snug” fit. In order to keep the rock-like realistic appearance, the corner is not entirely smooth, but rather bumpy. The only negative I could imagine with a bumpy edge instead of a smooth edge for a corner is the appeal of having everything fit securely in place or having insect lodge themselves into the small crevice between the dish and the tank wall (trust me, they’re too stupid to get out when they wedge into that small space).

The Exo-Terra water dish is very easy to sanitize by simply letting it soak in a sink of water with ten percent Clorox bleach and rinsing it off.

The great thing about this item are the little safety steps inside of the bowl. If your reptile happens to fall in, it can easily climb back out with the aid of the steps. The same can be said for crickets if they jump in for a quick swim (however, 99% of the time they’ll still probably drown even with the steps. Just remove the water bowl when feeding to avoid the inevitable).

As for versatility, this item is just a bowl that can hold water and food that can’t crawl, jump, or fly out of the dish. The steps inside of the dish will allow any insect to easy get out of the bowl. However, if your herp likes to take a soak every once in a while, it can be fashioned into a personal indoor wading pool and bathroom (see picture below).

Exo-Terra Water Dish (small) Dscn2229n

All in all, this is a great item. I like the way it looks and how it optimizes the amount of space in the tank by staying neatly tucked into a corner.

Over all score: Overall Score: 9 out of 10

By: Tsuhei
Tsuhei
Tsuhei
Review Staff

Status Status : His name is Typhon!!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1733

Back to top Go down

Exo-Terra Water Dish (small) Empty Re: Exo-Terra Water Dish (small)

Post by gothicgurrrl Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:57 am

Great Review! Smile
gothicgurrrl
gothicgurrrl
Forum Staff

LGF Points LGF Points : 6090

http://sbf-lionheads.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:27 pm

I use these water dishes with all my geckos on the rack, they're great little things. A bit nicer and more naturalistic than a little bowl. Smile
Jordan
Jordan
Forum Staff

Status Status : The review team rocks!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1923

http://supermorphleos.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bashweeka Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:20 pm

I love these water dishes! My crazy little critters like to play in their water, so the steps are great. I am also a fan of things that can be easily sterilized Smile
bashweeka
bashweeka

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down