Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

viv ideas

2 posters

Go down

viv ideas  Empty viv ideas

Post by wolfbane468 Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:49 am

whiletrawling ebay looking for bargains i was wondering with my terranium being so shallow
http://www.888reptiles.co.uk/productdetails.php?ProductID=7147&ProductGroupID=2963

could i not convert a turlte table to use as a viv as it would be easy as peas to make one and then stick a lid on it doesnt have to be glass like mine but could be perspex counter sunk into the recess on the top for opening access

whats the thoughts on this all
wolfbane468
wolfbane468
Loyal Member

Status Status : XBOX gamertag wolfbane468
LGF Points LGF Points : 473

Back to top Go down

viv ideas  Empty Re: viv ideas

Post by Kermit Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:20 am

You could convert a turtle table into a suitable habitat for a leo since they aren't arborial, only thing that worries me is that if you do use any type of lighting instead of multipul heat mats, they are too low to the ground and could really hurt your animal. Usually a minimum height of 1 foot,(12 inches) is required for any lighting for sensitive herp skin imo. Only other thing I would do is make sure half to 3/4 of the top is covered or solid material so your not losing all your humidity.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfbane468 Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:33 pm

yeah i was thinking about the top mine has a lid and with it being a flat top would be easy make a lid and drop some perspex into it for viewing and monitoring, if i ever get the time to look into this i will post accordingly
wolfbane468
wolfbane468
Loyal Member

Status Status : XBOX gamertag wolfbane468
LGF Points LGF Points : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down