Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UTH Questions

2 posters

Go down

UTH Questions Empty UTH Questions

Post by Zak Sun May 08, 2011 3:01 pm

I am kind of worried about my under tank heater.. It seems to hit 110 when I have the reptile carpet in there using a digital thermo. I added some paper towel under the carpet like two layers and It made it feel not to warm, not to cold as I left my hand their but It reads 100, when I got it to 95 I had used a lot of layers about 5. I didn't think it was heating the reptile carpet though, I believe when It's at 100 it's the best temp is this an okay temp or what should I do? I am sort of starting to think the thermo isn't working correctly but I am not completely sure.. Also do I leave the UTH on 24/7 because I used too but I am not sure if it was the right thing to do.

Any advice would be great Very Happy

Zak

LGF Points LGF Points : 160

Back to top Go down

UTH Questions Empty Re: UTH Questions

Post by Jordan Sun May 08, 2011 5:27 pm

You could buy a thermostat or rheostat if you haven't already got one. If you have, try turning it down. If your thermostat says 85, and your temps are at 95, then there is a problem with the thermostat obvisously, but it will sort your temps out for now.

Obviously though, even if the thermostat can keep it at whatever temp it says, if it IS faulty in the sense it doesn't read the temp right, i would consider swapping it for another one. Because if its faulty it could malfunction at any time.

And yes, most people keep the UTH on 24/7
Jordan
Jordan
Forum Staff

Status Status : The review team rocks!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1923

http://supermorphleos.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zak Sun May 08, 2011 6:13 pm

Okay thanks for the help this she seems to be doing good and she ate four crickets and one mealworm she also pooped for her first time. So I guess the heaters doing its job but ill work on swapping thermos.

Zak

LGF Points LGF Points : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Sun May 08, 2011 10:48 pm

If she is pooping, then it means she is digesting, so thats a good sign that you have got optimum temps. But making sure it doesnt get too hot is the key.

Your welcome, glad to hear she is eating.
Jordan
Jordan
Forum Staff

Status Status : The review team rocks!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1923

http://supermorphleos.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down