Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the best incubator to incubate leo eggs in

+4
rickmoss95
avangelgeckos
Karagain
geckosgalore
8 posters

Go down

What is the best incubator to incubate leo eggs in Empty What is the best incubator to incubate leo eggs in

Post by geckosgalore Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:16 pm

I was wondering what was the best incubator to use when it came to incubating leo eggs in. What is the best method to incubate them? I have never had success at breeding leos and never had any eggs hatch before. What is the trick? I am not one of those guys that has patience. I have been trying to breed leos for like 2-3 years now and I have never been successful? Anyone got any advice?
geckosgalore
geckosgalore

Status Status : First ever gecko eggs are about to hatch... I wish they would hurry up!
LGF Points LGF Points : 103

http://www.galoregeckos.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

What is the best incubator to incubate leo eggs in Empty Re: What is the best incubator to incubate leo eggs in

Post by geckosgalore Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:17 pm

Oh. I forgot to say that I am using a GQF Thermal Air Incubator for all my eggs. I actually have to of them. I set for 89 and one set for 82-83.
geckosgalore
geckosgalore

Status Status : First ever gecko eggs are about to hatch... I wish they would hurry up!

Back to top Go down

What is the best incubator to incubate leo eggs in Empty Re: What is the best incubator to incubate leo eggs in

Post by Karagain Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:34 pm

http://www.leopardgeckoforum.com/t885-incubators-how-to-build-your-own

Here is a guide how you can make your own, and both of those methods I have had great sucess with Smile
Karagain
Karagain
Forum Staff

Status Status : Finally got a day off :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 1246

Back to top Go down

Post by avangelgeckos Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:54 pm

When I first started out the best incubator ever for beginners was my Hovabator. Temperatures always stayed constant I loved that thing.
avangelgeckos
avangelgeckos

Status Status : Here
LGF Points LGF Points : 129

https://www.facebook.com/avangel.lg

Back to top Go down

Post by rickmoss95 Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:14 am

kemps are the best incubators on the market, period. havobators are decent, but nowhere near the best nowadays. not to argue with chaz...not at all. but if you have the money, kemps all the way. they are really easy to use, and some actually have preset settings to incubate leopard geckos eggs, as well as alot of other popular species. the ones i bought are the kemps krhb model, and they are 244.70 shipped to your door. they heat, cool, and have humidity and temp warnings. they hold about 300 ish eggs each, and they are absolutely awesome...if you are going to breed, you should look into them.
rickmoss95
rickmoss95
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 1245

Back to top Go down

Post by avangelgeckos Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:56 am

I never actually heard of those but will look into those. I had to go from Hova to a 6ft incubator from Animal Plastics. When you get to that point that is a worth while one.
avangelgeckos
avangelgeckos

Status Status : Here

https://www.facebook.com/avangel.lg

Back to top Go down

Post by rickmoss95 Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:13 am

do it, they are awesome. kemps has been doing aviary incubators for over twenty years, and started making reptile incs about four or five years ago, they are killer!
rickmoss95
rickmoss95
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 1245

Back to top Go down

Post by geckosgalore Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:42 am

Ok. My next question would be, what is the best way to incubate them?
geckosgalore
geckosgalore

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodieh Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:05 pm

In vermiculite, or some other mold resistant humidity substrate, at a degree for the sex of geckos you wish to produce.
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : College is hard. :(
LGF Points LGF Points : 1943

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659492989

Back to top Go down

Post by wiser Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:40 pm

dude i dono i got my first leo this summer started breeding in the fall and ive got 3 hatchlings befor expected outa a cooler with a freeking light bulb in it if youve spent 3 years and not had anything work i would say your not pashionat enough about it or simply did not care enough to do your home work not to be rude but one should be very well educated with there geckos and there projects , befor breeding i got 4 rescues to push my self to learn as much as i could and it was well worth it

wiser

Status Status : No status yet...

Back to top Go down

Post by geckosgalore Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:41 pm

I don't know. I did alot of research, I don't know why its not working for me but I have been doing a heck of alot of homework latley trying to do different methods.

Anyway. I use perlite for my incubation method. I also tried Albeys Incubating Leopard Gecko Eggs but that didn't work for me. Anyone have a method they would like to share with me?
geckosgalore
geckosgalore

Back to top Go down

Post by Dosercody Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:46 am

Have you been using the same two geckos over the 2-3 years that you have been trying to breed them? Or even is the male or female a constant in the breeding? If so, it might not be you, it could be the gecko(s).

Most people go with multiple females with a select male to breed with, so assuming this is the case, there could be a good chance your male is shooting blanks. Just another point of view Smile

Dosercody

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 255

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubHerp Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:46 am

My secret formula for the substrate used in the deli cups is a mix between
vermiculite and perlite it works really well. thumbs up 2
ClubHerp
ClubHerp

Status Status : Breeding time
LGF Points LGF Points : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down