Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dry skin spots on rescued leo!

2 posters

Go down

Dry skin spots on rescued leo! Empty Dry skin spots on rescued leo!

Post by ashleyevan Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:01 am

so we rescued a female gecko today who didnt have a very good owner before. the owner had only had her for a month but did not have a moist hide, a heater and they kept her on sand with 4 other geckos not knowing the difference between male and female because he sold us a male and i realized it was a female, which was not a problem for me! but anyways, her skin is a bit dry and has dry spots that looks like it has sand stuck maybe? not like cuts for anything just dry spots. i dont know how her eating habits are yet or pooping because i just got her today. but i was wondering what you guys recommend we do to help. i was thinking maybe a warm bath to help rinse it off then the heat pad being warmer and a extremely moist hide. any ideas?

Dry skin spots on rescued leo! IMAG0401

here is a picture of some of the dry spots.

ashleyevan

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 148

Back to top Go down

Dry skin spots on rescued leo! Empty Re: Dry skin spots on rescued leo!

Post by rickmoss95 Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:52 am

sounds like you have the right idea! i would just offer her a moist hide, and get the temps right. not so sure what you meant by 'bath', but i would say a nice spray down with luke warm water, then gently try to peel the skin off....be gentle, and if it does not come off EASILY, leave it for a while, they try again after she spends time in her moist hide. i would ONLY offer the moist hide on the warm side at first, that way she is sure to use the moist hide, and not another hide. she looks really healthy though, from what i can see in the pic. good luck
rickmoss95
rickmoss95
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 1245

Back to top Go down

Post by ashleyevan Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:18 pm

okay thanks i'll try that!

ashleyevan

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down