Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please help: shedding problems

2 posters

Go down

Please help: shedding problems Empty Please help: shedding problems

Post by brnbear Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:46 am

My Leo has been shedding for a while and he is having some trouble with it. We have a wet hide for him and we have been misting daily. We also purchased a vitamin mist that the pet store suggested. He has had a flap of the dead skin over his head for about a week and he has stopped eating because he can't see anything because it is in the way. Today I finally got the nerves to just pick him up and peel it off gently. I did so, and a lot of it came off. However, his eyes remain the only thing still covered by the skin. He still can't see. He has lost a lot of weight (to illustrate just how much, his tail is all one thickness now, there is no fatter portion). What can I do to help my little guy?
brnbear
brnbear

LGF Points LGF Points : 25

Back to top Go down

Please help: shedding problems Empty Re: Please help: shedding problems

Post by kathstew Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:23 am

If my leo is having trouble shedding I get a Q-tip and wet it gently with warm water. Try gently gently rubbing around his eye (not on his actual eye) with the Q-tip.

You can also try making a sauna. Take a tupperware container and put some wet paper towels in it. Wet the paper towels (not soaking just wet) and make it nice and warm (not too warm). Put him in there for about five minutes, making sure its nice and humid.

Good luck!
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down