Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any guesses on morph

2 posters

Go down

Any guesses on morph Empty Any guesses on morph

Post by smsararas2 Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:38 am

So, here is the story. I went to pick up a wonderful looking pictus from this guy and found out he had a lot of 12 leos for sale for 500.00. This list included a few that I was interested in and the rest I was a bleeding heart for because it was obvious he was not taking care of them. Now I have three that I am dealing with MBD, one quite severe and I am not sure that he is going to make it but I want to give him every chance to live, even just a while with a good life. Many are starting to get their colors back because they were for the most part pretty washed out. This one though, has me stumped. She has shed and has had proper heat, has been eating and her colors are not changing. She is gravid, as were most of the females since they were all kept together with a male that was old enough to breed. All the other I have been able to guess the morph, except for this one. Any guesses out there, or suggestions to help her out. Any suggestions in general to help these lizards that have not had the best start in life.

Any guesses on morph Dscf2910

Thanks in advance anyone?

Last edited by Jordan on Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:49 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding picture)
smsararas2
smsararas2
Forum Staff

Status Status : Just found out Fly is worth 6-800 dollars....oh my
LGF Points LGF Points : 1470

http://smsararas2.webnode.com/

Back to top Go down

Any guesses on morph Empty Re: Any guesses on morph

Post by Jordan Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:53 am

Hmm interesting. I at first thought normal or mack snow, but its interesting how the yellow just doesn't seem right for Snows...

I am thinking normal maybe, and the stress of being gravvid may be stopping her from brightening up.

Hopefully after the eggs have stopped bothering her then you may see her change, but until then im a little stumped too.
The obvious options are MS, Normal or hypo though.

PS, i edited your post to contain the picture within it rather than an attachment, if you need help doing this in the future let me know, just ask.

Jordan
Jordan
Forum Staff

Status Status : The review team rocks!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1923

http://supermorphleos.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by smsararas2 Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:59 am

Thanks, I did have a difficult time getting it to add then I realized it was too big...lol. She does have a really good attitude. There is another one that is supposed to be a phantom and I am thinking that she is because she has changed quite a bit since I got her, but again she is gravid and should not be. None of the females that I got are over 35g and they are all gravid. Most of them I spent about four hours a day in total hand feeding them to make sure they are eating. A couple hours in the morning and a couple hours at night. It is starting to get better though and some are eating well out of their food dishes now.
smsararas2
smsararas2
Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:07 am

sounds like a terrible breeder, glad you got em out of their while you could haha.
If they are around the 35g mark then it could be their first 'just reached sexual maturity' eggs in which they automatically develop. I suppose it could be nothing to do with the male.

But i hope they make it through the eggs if they choose to pass them.
The MBD sufferers will definitely suffer, if they do.

But the Phantom is a plus side haha. Embarassed jealous. I've alwayd wanted a phantom.
Jordan
Jordan
Forum Staff

Status Status : The review team rocks!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1923

http://supermorphleos.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by smsararas2 Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:42 am

I knew when I bought them that there were a few good ones. There were also two bell hybinos, they looked almost white when I got them but they are brightening up quite nicely. One of them has laid one egg which I put in my incubator but I am pretty sure it's a dud anyways. Doesn't hurt to try it though, I figured.
smsararas2
smsararas2
Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down