Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

morph ID plz

4 posters

Go down

morph ID plz Empty morph ID plz

Post by wiser Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:54 pm

i kno its hard when there young, also any new tips on helping shed skin around the eyes would be a big help

morph ID plz Img_0311

thanks !

wiser

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 129

Back to top Go down

morph ID plz Empty Re: morph ID plz

Post by Kodieh Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:12 pm

From left to right; Tremper, mack snow, hypo. In my best opinion, thats what I think. As for the stuck shed, a luke warm soak, then use warm water to soak the tips of q-tips in and gently rub it off. Hope this helps.
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : College is hard. :(
LGF Points LGF Points : 1943

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659492989

Back to top Go down

Post by wiser Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:16 pm

there pretty skinny to havnt eaten in 2 days or better how can i beef them up fast they dident seem to hit the meal worms at all

wiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodieh Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:17 pm

You can try wax worms to give them a boost but don't make that a staple. Keep plugging away at the meal worms, or crickets if you have to.
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:41 am

they sure a lovely little guys. one of the reason they might not be eating is because of all the stress, and it can also be temperature issues. i was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me. just so i can get a better picture of were they are at ^_^

what type of substrate do you have in with them? (such as sand, reptie carpet, paper towels etc.)

what size tank do you have them in? (10 gal, 20 gal, etc)

how many hides do you have in their tank and what kinds do you have? (such as warm hides, moist hide, etc.)

what do you use to heat your leos cage? ( lights, under tank heat mats, etc. and also what size and brand are they.)

thanks!
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Status Status : Taming my leo
LGF Points LGF Points : 1105

http://mysticgaia.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mardy Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:57 am

If you just got them, give them time to settle in. 2 days isn't abnormal for geckos that have just been moved & had their living environment changed. Also young geckos are supposed to be small, so I would suggest feeding them well gut-loaded, well dusted nutritious diet and just keep at it. Excess fat fed to young geckos is really really bad for their liver.
Mardy
Mardy
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 2105

http://www.onlinegeckos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wiser Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:48 pm

i keep a humid hide with papper towle over the zoomed heat mat i think its like one wat or somthin and i have an exotera hide in there a bamboo tube water dish its a home made tank prolly a 15 gal its just short term ill put them in a 20 and 10 gal in each kids room in a week or so and there on paper towels

wiser

Back to top Go down

Post by wiser Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:54 pm

oh the temp of the tank is like 75 80 and they wernt in grate shape when i got them the guy just wanted them gone

wiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodieh Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:13 pm

It should be around 92-95.
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:30 pm

yes i agree with kodieh you should have it around 92-95, you are doing great so far. sounds like they are in the best place they can be right now. the only thing i can suggest is to up the temp and to try and be as quite as possible when you go to feed them, i know my charm still gets turned off of food if its to noisy when i try and feed her. your doing awesome tho you keep up the good work!
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by wiser Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:51 am

so i now have every thing set up and my temps are around 90 but they still havent been eating i was able to feed one with pinchers and seen they have some shead stuck around there eyes and assume thats got somthing to do with it they have himid hid and every thing ive been genty bathing and uesing a cotin tip to softly rub some warm water on it ... i was able to really help out one guy but not the othere 3 i went to 2 difrent pet stores looking for a product but no one could seem to help ... anythoughs ,.. some one told me maybe they came from a dirty breeder and theres somthin wrong with them

wiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:10 am

try sitting them in a small plastic tub with some warm water that is up to their knees, let them sit in there for a bout 5 minutes and keep a lid laying half way on top so they can hide under it and it will help keep the huminity in a bit. do this for a couple days and see if it will help them at all. and keep using the Q-tips with warm water around their eyes. if this doesn't help you just might have to take them in to the vet. if i recall right you got them from petco? petco is really bad when it comes to reptiles most of the time. so i wouldnt be surprised. also is it just around their eyes or is there some covering their eyes like a white haze?
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:15 am

also do you think you could post some pictures if their eyes in the health problems forum. you will get more help if you post them in there.
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by wiser Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:33 pm

i will for sure post in the heath forum but theres kno wite hase it really seems like shead on one there was some skin on the top of both eyes i wet it over and over for about an hour and was able to slowly pull it gently away and shabam he open the eyes ! and shortly after he was smashing down any bugs coming his way but the otheres the skin holding the eye closed is soooooooo freekin small is tough to even see and im no surgen so yea

wiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down