Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So...its my first reptile and the second week!

5 posters

Go down

So...its my first reptile and the second week! Empty So...its my first reptile and the second week!

Post by VWisner Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:22 am

Well I recently purchased my first Reptile! My leopard gecko..Rea! (Ray)

Its definitely excited as I have never been able to interact a reptile before! She is eating everything I feed her including crickets , superworms, and mealworms dusted in some calcium. As you can see by the picture I have been able to hold her more frequently now. Every once in a while she gets a little freaked out in which I put her back in her tank but for the most part she is very docile. I cant tell that she is drinking from her bowl but I can only hope. Heres a pretty bad picture... but it works! This is as she was getting restless so I had to snap a picture fast as well as a picture of her tank. Thanks for all being so supportive guys and cheers!

So...its my first reptile and the second week! 8c61037a
So...its my first reptile and the second week! 23ae8c9d

VWisner

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 64

Back to top Go down

So...its my first reptile and the second week! Empty Re: So...its my first reptile and the second week!

Post by Mystic Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:37 pm

welcome to the forum! im glad you joined, every one here is very kind and very knowledgeable when it comes to leo's so if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask. looks like your set up is good. hope you dont mind me asking but what is your heat source for your little leo?
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Status Status : Taming my leo
LGF Points LGF Points : 1105

http://mysticgaia.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

So...its my first reptile and the second week! Empty Re: So...its my first reptile and the second week!

Post by gothicgurrrl Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:41 pm

lovely set up Smile
and your leo is really cute! =]
gothicgurrrl
gothicgurrrl
Forum Staff

LGF Points LGF Points : 6090

http://sbf-lionheads.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by smsararas2 Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:34 am

Great set up you have there. I am sure your leo is going to be very happy there Very Happy
smsararas2
smsararas2
Forum Staff

Status Status : Just found out Fly is worth 6-800 dollars....oh my
LGF Points LGF Points : 1470

http://smsararas2.webnode.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by VWisner Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:21 am

Hello Mystic! She has a small heating pad underneath her half log as well as me leaving the lamp on all day. During the night the heating pad does all the heat work though.

VWisner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:11 am

thats awesome! sounds like you are doing everything right, keep up the good work! ^.^ she is lucky to have you!
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Status Status : Taming my leo
LGF Points LGF Points : 1105

http://mysticgaia.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:32 am

Welcome to the forum! My name is Kathryn, I hope you enjoy your time here! Very Happy

Rea is very cute! Looks like she is getting used to you really quickly! Congrats! Sounds like you are doing everything right! The tank looks great, although you may want to upgrade in the future.
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Post by VWisner Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:29 am

Of course kathstew. I was thinking about about upgrading to a 20 gallon but seeing as though Im only 17 I still live at home...it has to fly with my parents. It should be an issue though!

VWisner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down