Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please help! Need To ID This Morph!

3 posters

Go down

Please help! Need To ID This Morph! Empty Please help! Need To ID This Morph!

Post by Elz Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:41 am

Well, me and my girlfriend went to petco yesterday and decided we wanted to buy lizards (since they're from florida they love playin with little lizards) and we bought 2....Ill post those later.....But as we were buying them we saw a Albino Gecko just sitting there and i said wow i think he is sick lol and the lady said they're usually rare so we came home read up on it a lil bit and bang this morning I went and bought him. His name is Whitey (not a racial joke thats really his name) but we dont know what type he is....Can you please help us because we are new to this and we would really like to know! Please help! Need To ID This Morph! 2n031w5 Please help! Need To ID This Morph! Ejbj3t
Elz
Elz

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 221

Back to top Go down

Please help! Need To ID This Morph! Empty Re: Please help! Need To ID This Morph!

Post by Kodieh Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:46 am

Probably a Tremper Albino, but a picture of the eyes would tell us right away. It's a very skinny leo, I do hope it's eating well.

Welcome to the forum, by the way, I have several links in my signature that I think you might find useful. Smile
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : College is hard. :(
LGF Points LGF Points : 1943

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659492989

Back to top Go down

Please help! Need To ID This Morph! Empty Re: Please help! Need To ID This Morph!

Post by Elz Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:13 am

Well we actually just bought them today and yesterday so i'm honestly not too sure if they're eatng right. They did say that they were babies so maybe thats why i dont know. They said because they're babies we have to feed them once a day and we bought a 30 thing of crickets and 100 meal worms with the calcium powder and they still wont eat, haven't seem them eat yet. I don't know if its because of how we have the tank set up i dont know. We have the light on right now and its 1:11 pm im hoping thats what im supposed to do thats what the package says but once again i dont know. If you can help please do so....I'll give an email and we can communicate through there if its easier for you. Thank you.
Elz
Elz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodieh Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:16 am

Like I said, if you'll read the first link in my signature "Proper Housing for Leopard Geckos", you'll get a great idea of what you need.
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : College is hard. :(
LGF Points LGF Points : 1943

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659492989

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:23 am

Welcome to the forum! I'm Kathryn Smile I hope we are able to help you with all your questions.

As Kodie said, an eye picture will help identify which albino morph it is. If you'd like to see the different albino morphs look here: http://www.leopardgeckoforum.com/t1467-morph-directory

What is your set-up like? It sounds like you are using a light for heat? If so, that isn't right. :P You need an UTH (under tank heater). Leopard geckos absorb heat through their stomachs, which helps to digest their food. If you could describe what your set-up looks like, we could help you a lot. Here is a link to check out, its got tons of info you should really know: http://www.leopardgeckoforum.com/t166-proper-housing-for-leopard-geckos

Are all three leos in the same tank? If so, I don't reccomend you do that. Its only a good idea to house leos together if you've had experience with leos before, as they can fight. As well, if you don't know the genders of the leos, you shouldn't keep them together. Males will fight, and female+male pairs can fight as the male may try to breed with an unhappy female. If you do keep them in the same tank you need an appropriate tank size for three leos (about 40-50 gallons when adults/ a bit smaller while they are juvies). As well, if you think one is sick, you should really be quarantining the sick one from the others for a minimum of a month (separating them from each other until you're sure they are healthy).

New geckos may take a few weeks to fully settle in to their new homes, as there are a lot of changes they have to adjust to. Offer food every day to them. Don't leave crickets in with your leos unattended; crickets have been known to nibble on leos O_O

Hope this helps some. Smile
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Post by Elz Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:20 am

Please help! Need To ID This Morph! Imag0211
Elz
Elz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down