Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heating problem...??

2 posters

Go down

Heating problem...?? Empty Heating problem...??

Post by tduke16 Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:09 am

SO ive have my viv set up for over a week and my new leo in it for a week now... my temp has consistently been between 96-89 for the whole week....I went in to check on my leo today and the thermometer sats 86.5.... I have no idea whats going on nothing has changed except i put a new piece of tap on the probe... HELP!?!!!?

tduke16

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 145

Back to top Go down

Heating problem...?? Empty Re: Heating problem...??

Post by Kermit Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:24 pm

You might have covered too much of the end of the probe. You really don't want to go much passed the middle of he probe when taping down or it could affect readings. I also find electrical tape is the best for holding down probes. There's pictures in the housing forum a sticky on how to do th perfect leo ser up, I included pix of how to tapedon your probe which might help.

Other possibility is the battery in the thermometer could be weak and need replacing or you might have eplaced the probe in a different spot of the edge of th uth. Be sure to feel the floor when you place the probe so you're on the hottest part of the floor.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down