Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My bettas

3 posters

Go down

My bettas Empty My bettas

Post by kathstew Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:30 am

Well, I am OBSESSED with betta fish. I love them. Absolutely love them. They just have so much personality, and are so beautiful. I have 10 bettas - 6 females and 4 males. And yes, they all have names Wink

This is Femur (male):
My bettas Femur6-1

This is Mr.Mustache (male):
My bettas Noname1-2-1

This is Sunshine (female):
My bettas P5310185-1-1-1

This is Faith(female):
My bettas P4270234-1

This is Butterfly (female):
My bettas P4270220-1

This is Ocean (female):
My bettas P4270228-1

This is Little Red (female):
My bettas P4270230-1

This is Chuckie Sue (the boy who was supposed to be a girl):
My bettas Noname3-2-1

This is Spazz (male):
My bettas P3230049-1

This is Drama Queen (female):
My bettas DramaQueen

The girls are all in a "sorority" in a 10 gallon tank. The boys are in divided tanks (because they will fight). 2 are in a 5.5 gallon divided tank (2.25 gallons each) and 2 are in a 2.5 gallon divided tank (1.25 gallons each). They all live in my room, and they are all just adorable! :3

I have other types of fish, but I will make another thread about them another day. :P
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

My bettas Empty Re: My bettas

Post by gothicgurrrl Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:42 am

awww they are all so pretty :P

I love fish.. they are beautiful Very Happy but i know i couldn't keep them because they don't interest me much. but I still think they are gorgeous Smile

I like marine fish, especially fairy wrasse Smile and Siamese fighting fish Very Happy oh, and yellow lab cichlids :P

I especially like your fishy thats called Spazz Very Happy
gothicgurrrl
gothicgurrrl
Forum Staff

LGF Points LGF Points : 6090

http://sbf-lionheads.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:54 am

Thanks Sarah!

Hahaha, I love them. I love watching them, and getting them to chase my finger.

I'd never heard of fairy wrasse, so I looked it up, and they are GORGEOUS! OMG, I think I know a new fish I want to get in the future! Siamese fighting fish <3 Yellow lab cichlids are nice too, I love how cichlids come in so many different colors.

Thanks! Spazz was my third fish, and he really is crazy! :P
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by gothicgurrrl Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:57 am

Smile no problem!

haha it's cute when they chase your finger lol Very Happy thats why I like yellow lab cichlids.. the one at college chased everyone's finger and it was adorable!!

haha fairy wrasse are gorgeous right? Smile Smile Siamese fighting fish are awesome but you cannot keep males together because they will fight to the death Very Happy but you can keep them with other species of fish I think.

awwww Very Happy I can tell why you called him Spazz now Very Happy

We got two more fishes to the pond in the garden today.. those spotty goldfish called Shubunkins Very Happy
gothicgurrrl
gothicgurrrl
Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:17 am

I love fish who chase fingers, its the cutest thing ever!

Fairy wrasse are gorgeous! OMG, I love them, thank you for showing me them!!

LOL, bettas ARE siamese fighting fish Wink You can keep males with certain types of other fish, but they shouldn't resemble bettas, with big fins because the betta will confuse it for a betta. Females can be kept together, but it depends on the females, as well as needing a large enough tank, and having enough experience. I have six females together and they are great together.

:P He is the little Spazz :P

Shubunkins are gorgeous. I want to get a pond, but my parents aren't convinced :P LOL
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by gothicgurrrl Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:28 am

I thought that the betta's looked alot like Siamese fighting fish Very Happy Very Happy

haha, no problem. They taught me Aquatics Management at College as one of my lessons and I had to have a fish identification test.. we had to memorize and name 30 fish: 10 tropical, 10 marine and 10 coldwater Very Happy That's the only reason I know what fairy wrasse are.. and royal gramma fish Very Happy look at them Very Happy

I will take a photo of our pond for you.. my mom didnt want a pond either but my brother just built it anyway Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .. It's not the best pond ever, but the fish love it.

gothicgurrrl
gothicgurrrl
Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:54 am

Hahaha, yep Smile

That sounds like such a cool lesson! I wish we could learn stuff like that in high school! LOL! I think I'd be good at that XD
OMGGGG. Royal gramma fish are amazing as well! I like them even better than the fairy wrasse! OMGGG. I LOVE THEM! <3 LOL

I'd love to see the picture! I should just build one lol :P Mom would not be very impressed. I'd just be worried my dogs would try jumping into the water, or eating the poor fish! O_O
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by gothicgurrrl Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:08 pm

Well we have a metal grid thingie over the top of the pond to stop cats getting the fish, and to stop kids falling in. Very Happy I will take a photo as soon as the rain stops.

hahah Very Happy I can see you like the royal gramma fish Very Happy Very Happy they are lovely aren't they? Very Happy I love marine fish.. they are sooo beautiful!! Very Happy

you would love the course I took at college.. i'm sure you can find something similar in Canada... it's animal management. Our animal academy was awesome.. we had an aquarium room with sooo many different species in. As part of our aquatics management lesson we had to design enrichment for the fish.. and decorate the tanks. we were given a fish tank and we had to plan their feeding for a week.. I got the red-tailed black shark Very Happy

there was also a competition were students could decorate any tank with a theme Very Happy It was something special to show off to visitors at the open day. My theme was supposed to be a toy box! Very Happy I just collected some old figures from in my old boxes.. and added them to the tank. I had a background later but not in these photos..

My bettas 28709_10

My bettas 28709_11

My bettas 28709_12

the fish have a tea party going on in there Very Happy
hahah!!
gothicgurrrl
gothicgurrrl
Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by CharliesReptiles Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:14 pm

WOW ! They are stunning...

I use to be mad for bettas, but got told to cut down. I had a spilt tank (into 4 sections) to house my males, but something was wrong with the tank and no matter what i did it always made them come down with some disease, we record the shop that sectioned it put wrong selent on it Sad Im now down to one called Spikey. I also had many females turn into males :/
CharliesReptiles
CharliesReptiles
Loyal Member

Status Status : Crestie coming tonight :) x
LGF Points LGF Points : 1439

http://www.charliesreptiles.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by gothicgurrrl Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:27 am

Kathryn! Smile read my comment.. i added some pics of my fish tank design i did at college Very Happy Very Happy
gothicgurrrl
gothicgurrrl
Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:19 am

Sarah! Sorry for not checking this sooner! Embarassed

That tank is awesome! If I was a fish, I'd be really happy! Very Happy The toys are sooo cute! I'd love that class! I hope when I go to college or uni, they have awesome classes like that! It sounds so cool!

Thanks Charlie! :P I may have to cut down soon. My males are in a divided tank, and they just don't seem to be as happy as they used to. But with the surgery I had lately, its hard to clean a billion tanks. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet. I also had a disease outbreak and lost almost all my girls ;( I've been so sad, I think that may be why I've been avoiding this thread...

I'll make an update with my new girls and the one's I've lost soon. I may start focusing on reptiles instead of fish. At least with reptiles if they're sick you can take them to the vets. Sad
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down