Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New here :)

+3
Body Thief
gothicgurrrl
badkelpie
7 posters

Go down

New here :) Empty New here :)

Post by badkelpie Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:09 am

Hello all, my name is Dawn. I have 2 leopard geckos. A male named Echo that I have had since last march, he was an itty bitty little guy from a big chain pet store. I'd be surprised if he was more than a week old when I got him. He has done well and is a big handsome guy now. It was nerve wracking at first though, since he was so young. I just knew I was gonna kill him or feed him something too big. He has had no issues though. My other one is Clementine. I got her from a local pet store who loves their animals and takes excellent care of them, and sells them at much more appropriate ages (there are no breeders or reptile expos here). She was around 2 months or so when I got her and it was much less stressful! I will never again buy one as young as Echo was, but at the time, there were no others around, so I took a chance. There is a lovely little bell albino at the pet store that I may get if he's still there next week.

Attached is a picture I took of Clementine a few days ago. Both Echo and Clementine are Hypo Tangerines. Echo is much spottier, pics of him (and better pics of Clem) soon!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The back of the tank is lined with paper because it is a mirrored fish tank and I didn't want the gecko in the mirror to stress her out Smile. It has the advantage that crickets and roaches can climb up it. She loves jumping up after them!

badkelpie

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 25

Back to top Go down

New here :) Empty Re: New here :)

Post by gothicgurrrl Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:54 am

Welcome to the forum Smile
Aww your leos sound lovely! I can't wait to see more pics Very Happy
Do you have any other pets?
gothicgurrrl
gothicgurrrl
Forum Staff

LGF Points LGF Points : 6090

http://sbf-lionheads.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Body Thief Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:56 am

Welcome!
Body Thief
Body Thief
Loyal Member

Status Status : I <3 Claudia!!
LGF Points LGF Points : 842

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodieh Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:54 am

Welcome to the forum! It's a refreshing sight, to see someone so responsible! I'm gla everything has worked out for you. That bell albino would be lucky to have you as an owner! Wink
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : College is hard. :(
LGF Points LGF Points : 1943

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659492989

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:27 pm

WELCOME!
Kira
Kira

LGF Points LGF Points : 264

Back to top Go down

Post by badkelpie Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:19 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is Echo. My camera greatly oversaturated him, and while I did reduce it in gimp, I was trying to use the tile to get the right color. But then I when I was done, I remembered that it was Clementine who had red-ish tiles, Echos are more beige. So, basically, he is not quite THIS bright, but he is pretty Smile.

Ignore the grumpy butt, he was not having this photo session, and I think he's mad because there are lateralis roaches in there. Apparently, he doesn't like them (or lobster roaches, or superworms) Smile.

Gothicgurrrl, I also have a couple dogs, a min pin/dachshund mix and an Australian Kelpie (that's where the username comes from, but she's actually a really great dog). I've also got 2 cats and a 14 year old chinchilla.

badkelpie

LGF Points LGF Points : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kosumi Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:34 pm

Welcome to this forum i like very much all the pictures i want to buy this typs of leopard geckos.

Kosumi

LGF Points LGF Points : 39

http://www.rabbitrunsandhutches.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by bashweeka Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:14 am

It's very fortunate for Echo to get an owner that would take such great care of him. They both look fantastic! I understand the fear when they are teeny, I went through the same fears with my bearded dragon!
bashweeka
bashweeka

LGF Points LGF Points : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum