Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New here!

3 posters

Go down

New here! Empty New here!

Post by drxl34 Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:09 am

...but not that new to the world of leopard geckos. I'll just give you a brief history of my experience.. I got a hatchling (or so one would think) from petco about 6 months ago. He had impaction from prior substrate or poor food. I didn't realize this until about a month after I had him I could see through his stomach Sad. (btw I only gave him baby crickets mini mealies and was on paper towels). He had a terrible shedding problem as well no matter how humid I made it he just kept shedding in bits not all at once. He passed away about 2 months after I got him. I was devastated. He was very skinny when I got him, I thought I could "rescue" him (also part of his tail had started to come off) but I could not.

I had been hesitant to try again but I saw a beautiful blizzard at my local mom and pop store. Couldn't resist. I got another (normal) friend the next day. I have had those two for about a month now. The "normal" is smaller and tame. "She" (assumption) does not eat much even though I feed them in separate containers. She never has since I got her. I am thinking I will "quarantine" her until I see her fatten up- or just set up a new enclosure for her. The blizzard eats well.

So TODAY i just picked up two beauties from someone off craigslist. I only planned on the one (orange) but he would've only cost $15 extra if I bought them both and he kind of stole my heart.

So then there was four.. These guys are so addicting. Each is full of personality. I can't wait to hear from you guys!!

Here is the thread of the newbies!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And just the pics:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
drxl34
drxl34

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 152

Back to top Go down

New here! Empty Re: New here!

Post by hpoquiz Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:18 am

Looks healthy and tamed since they dont hide as much as mine does lol. How long have u had them and watch out coz u dont know the genders yet might be 2 males and will fight till death. But all in all healthy and nice coloring Smile

How big is the tank ?
hpoquiz
hpoquiz

LGF Points LGF Points : 292

Back to top Go down

Post by drxl34 Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:27 am

hpoquiz wrote:Looks healthy and tamed since they dont hide as much as mine does lol. How long have u had them and watch out coz u dont know the genders yet might be 2 males and will fight till death. But all in all healthy and nice coloring Smile

How big is the tank ?

I just got home with them and don't worry I will separate them soon. It is 10g.
drxl34
drxl34

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodieh Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:43 am

Looking good, and welcome to the forum! I just want to make a note that these ARE wild animals and will never be tame by any means of the word. They'll come to tolerate you, but never tame; such is the case with any exotic animal, though they can be little hams at times. Smile
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : College is hard. :(
LGF Points LGF Points : 1943

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659492989

Back to top Go down

Post by drxl34 Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:45 am

Kodieh wrote:Looking good, and welcome to the forum! I just want to make a note that these ARE wild animals and will never be tame by any means of the word. They'll come to tolerate you, but never tame; such is the case with any exotic animal, though they can be little hams at times. Smile

Lol well there are "wild" and then there are "less wild"?
drxl34
drxl34

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodieh Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:47 am

drxl34 wrote:
Kodieh wrote:Looking good, and welcome to the forum! I just want to make a note that these ARE wild animals and will never be tame by any means of the word. They'll come to tolerate you, but never tame; such is the case with any exotic animal, though they can be little hams at times. Smile

Lol well there are "wild" and then there are "less wild"?

There's really tolerant, less tolerant, and not tolerant in my experience. Smile
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : College is hard. :(
LGF Points LGF Points : 1943

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659492989

Back to top Go down

Post by hpoquiz Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:10 pm

How much you get them both with tank ?
hpoquiz
hpoquiz

LGF Points LGF Points : 292

Back to top Go down

Post by drxl34 Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:13 pm

hpoquiz wrote:How much you get them both with tank ?

I already had the tank i paid $50 for both of them. Didn't come with anything except a actually pretty nice container from his leopard gecko rack. I will probably use it later on.
drxl34
drxl34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum