Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey there!

3 posters

Go down

Hey there! Empty Hey there!

Post by agactinggirl Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:50 am

Hey guys! My name is Britt and I have a lovely Leopard Gecko male, who's about a year old now (still a baby :-)) named Van. He's about a foot long...not really sure of his morph...I'll post a picture and you guys can tell me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I was told about this forum by a customer (I work at a local PetSmart) and glad she did! I would love to get to know other Leopard Gecko fans. After getting one, I fell in love with them.

Here's the story as to how Van even ended up in my life.

As I said, I work at a local PetSmart, we get Leopard Geckos in all the time (they are a favorite among customers). One was returned after about a week. The customer said that he was unaware they were nocturnal and wanted something that was more active during the day. This Leo was bigger than our babies and sported some attitude with them, so he got his own cage. He was sold again and returned because he was too aggressive. All of my co-workers hated him because he was just plain mean. He bit and hissed, just did NOT want to be handled. However, when it came to me, he was a sweet little lizard. Everyone was amazed that he was so calm with me. They tried to convince me that he belonged to me and that I should get him...after a few weeks, I did Very Happy

So that's Van's story.
agactinggirl
agactinggirl

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 19

Back to top Go down

Hey there! Empty Re: Hey there!

Post by Kermit Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:13 am

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you and Van aboard Smile

he sure is a big fella aye? Seems that you two were bound to be together... sometimes the pet picks the owner Smile I love relationships that work out like that.

Question tho... Van looks a little dark which could indicate his tank might be too cool... can you tell us a bit about your set up so that we can help you to make sure his husbandry is going ok?
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by agactinggirl Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:01 am

Yeah, at the time I was having heat issues. I got it worked out now though...that's a bit older of a picture. His warm side sits at 90 and his cool side is mid 80s.

Where I have him gets a little cold in the winter time so I had to mess with lighting to get it right (since this is my first winter with him and my first reptile in this house)

:-) thanks for your concern though
agactinggirl
agactinggirl

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:27 am

90 is about the bare minimum I would keep a leo of his size at. I would feel more comfortable if he were closer to the 93-94 range. More leo to heat means more heat needed to regulate that core temperature Smile Glad you got things sorted out tho thumbs up 2 What kind of substrait are you using? Just in case, and hopefully to avoid the cold weather issues this year when it comes around again you might want to check out the housing section sticky on how to make the perfect leo set up... it might be able to give you some good ideas.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Linsey Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:32 am

Hi, I'm glad you joined!! It was awesome meeting you at Petsmart and I hope this forum helps you the way it helped me! I have 2 very happy Leo's at my house now!! Thanks everybody and welcome to you and Van!!

Linsey

Linsey

Status Status : Trying to take it all in....
LGF Points LGF Points : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum