Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEOPARD GECKO FORUM!!!

+5
Jordan
Karagain
James
kathstew
Kermit
9 posters

Go down

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEOPARD GECKO FORUM!!! Empty HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEOPARD GECKO FORUM!!!

Post by Kermit Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:06 pm

So we are officially 1 year old today thumbs up 2 seems like yesterday Jordan was telling me he wanted to start his own forum and asked for my help. He dream was for LGF to become the best place on the web for accurate, friendly leo (and other critters Smile ) information... Cheer Needless to say, we took on this challenge and have thrived. None of this would be possible if it wasn't for all the awesome work Jordan king does behind the scenes and of course... All of you... Our wonderful staff and the membership... We couldn't have made it this far with out all of you and your wonderful contributions. Clap

I remember when we just got started and Jordan was like woo... 100 members... And look at us now... Over 700 strong and still growing daily. Dancing so... Happy birthday lgf... We love ya drool
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEOPARD GECKO FORUM!!! Empty Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEOPARD GECKO FORUM!!!

Post by kathstew Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:13 am

Wooo! Happy Birthday LGF! Very Happy

I wanna thank everyone on here for all the help they've given me from day one.
HUGE thank you to Jordan. I wouldn't be where I am with my reptiles without you. Smile
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEOPARD GECKO FORUM!!! Empty Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEOPARD GECKO FORUM!!!

Post by James Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:33 am

I have learnt a great deal through this forum and I have met some cool people Very Happy
James
James
Loyal Member

Status Status : Wants a ferret :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by Karagain Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:31 am

Dancing Party Gecko Cheer Clap I love you
Karagain
Karagain
Forum Staff

Status Status : Finally got a day off :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 1246

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:05 pm

Kermit wrote:None of this would be possible if it wasn't for all the awesome work Jordan king does behind the scenes

Kathstew wrote:HUGE thank you to Jordan. I wouldn't be where I am with my reptiles without you.

AW guys Embarassed gee shucks. Razz
Seriously though, means a lot to me, thanks Smile

Before I say my piece, I'd like to share a few snippets of information members may be interested in:
- Firstly, you can find out what number member you were to join the leopard gecko forum very easily. If you visit your profile and look at the address, you'll see this at the end '/u5' ... 5 being any number. That number after the '/u' is your user number, and that tells you what number member you were to join the leopard gecko forum. So mine is '/u1' as I was first, and whoever was the 155th person to join LGF will have '/u155' and so on. Not much, but you may be interested.

- next, if you look in the footer of the page (all pages) you'll see a link saying 'Statistics' which is a page with quite a lot of interesting statistics regarding the forum. Take a look Smile

But its not about when you joined or how long you've been here, all that matters is your here, or you joined, or you've even just visited the site, and these things alone mean a lot to me.
Without those first ten members I wouldn't have reached twenty, without those first 50 i wouldn't have reached 100, and without those first 100 I wouldn't reached 200, and without all of you, the forum would not be where it is today.

And so, goes the story of LGF...

Long long ago, in a galaxy far far aw ... ahem...

One year ago I set out on this adventure, with the sole purpose of helping others in a friendly manner.
Whilst already being part of another forum I had met Kel (kermit), one for always posting informative posts, never lazy in her replies and sole purpose of helping. So it was time to steal her away from the other forum because I needed her. And I did, this place needed her and it still does. Thanks Kel thumbs up

Around the same time as Kel came Sam (samsleopardgeckos), a lovely person who clearly knew her stuff and a clear benefit to this forum, Sam originally looked after the Leopard Gecko Section, and continues nowadays to look after the Other Gecko's section, and I can safely say, if its alright with her, that she should always be looking after a section as she does a great job. A big thanks to her.

I didn't know too much about running a forum or about the scripting languages used, but now i'm currently working with a front-end developer to deliver the newest state of the art php forum software written by me.

Anyway, so we trotted on with very little members, and a long came Sarah (gothicgurrrl), I say 'along came' but if I remember correctly, I stole her too :P

Sarah became a great participant and a joy to have around, not long after she found herself a part of the team. An important part too, so a big thanks to her.

We again plodded along getting probably one member a week lol. One of which was Jolene (smsararas2). Jolene came looking for a friendly atmosphere and the current staff made sure that was delivered. The thing is Jolene wasn't just hoping for a friendly atmostphere, heck she insisted on it, which made her a great addition to the team, knowing that she'd keep people playing nice. Since then she's made her way to become one of only two full moderators on the forum.
This place needs her, I need her, and for all her hard work she deserves a big thank you too. thumbs up

As the membership began to grow, we began looking to build a fuller team. It was at that point we took on Becca (Karagain) and our first reviewer Kodie (Kodieh).
These two stood out to Kel, and the decision was quickly made.

Becca was brought to look after the biggest busiest section of the forum, and still does to this day. All her work looking after the Leo section is much appreciated and gets the big thanks from me!

Kodie, the first reviewer for LGF began our review section, writing us around a review a week, and nowadays finds himself looking after his beloved section where it all began for him. And So for starting up the review section and continuing it still a thanks to Kodie.

Which brings me on to the reviewers. Currently we have Kathstew and Tsuhei, and i'm sure you can all join me in saying I think your reviews are a joy to read and very helpful. And you both deserve a thanks for what you do!

And so, that makes up our team today. While you may see new faces in the LGF Staff in the future, or the current staff changing places/positions, I think you can expect to see the team now around for a long time.

And so, over the last year we've seen many changes and many situations in the life of LGF.
Many design changes, features come and go, gecko's sadly passing away, gecko's being saved from life threatening conditions, days with zero posts, days with 100's of posts, forum system errors, forum downtime, but most of all we've seen a lovely membership consistantly grow and help this place thrive.

You all deserve a thank so here is yours:

Whether you post everyday, or you just read the threads, you Guest have still helped this place become what it is, and so I give a big thanks to you Guest for all you've done, be it big or small, it all counts to me. Thank you. Smile

Three cheers for LGF!

Hip hip hooray!
Jordan
Jordan
Forum Staff

Status Status : The review team rocks!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1923

http://supermorphleos.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by smsararas2 Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:20 am

Thank you Jordan for those kinds words for everyone. It is really nice to hear and lol, he is not kidding that I insisted on the friendliness. HAHA. I think we have all created a wonderful forum and under the guidance of Jordan we are going to keep going as the best forum for all levels of knowledge and abilities.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LGF!!!!!!!
smsararas2
smsararas2
Forum Staff

Status Status : Just found out Fly is worth 6-800 dollars....oh my
LGF Points LGF Points : 1470

http://smsararas2.webnode.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodieh Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:28 am

While all te celebration is undoubtedly quite necessary, I must caution against ignoring the future! There are still many milestones we have left to hit; today it's 700 members, tomorrow (figuratively)it's 1400. These past 8 months or so have been great for me, but the next 12 moths hold just as much or more for us all. I can't wait to see where it leads us!
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : College is hard. :(
LGF Points LGF Points : 1943

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659492989

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:09 am

Awww thanks Jordan Embarassed ... your compliments mean loads to me.... more than you know. With out every ones support we wouldn't be where we are today for sure. We have thrived and grown despite others attempts to keep us down... call us names, we're bigger than that, say we're wrong, we'll prove we're right, try to say we'll never make it a year, we'll be here for 10 more Smile

We have TONS in store for the future... we're still trying to get our LGF merchandise shop started, we'd love to get the weekly quiz going agin... we've discussed a possible lottery drawing with prizes available from the merchandise store. Also, and I'm excited about this one... jordan and I have been discussing having a weekly or monthly lecture session in the chat box. We'd take suggestions from the members on the topics they're interested in, staff would lecture in their areas of expertise, and ultimately Id love to get some guest lecturers in to speak as well. We'd incude a huge questions and answers part and even open the floor to the membership to speak about topics their passionate about thumbs up 2 we're still working out the details but keep an eye out for the upcoming threads you'll start seeing hopefully the beginning of March Smile

A big thank you to all the staff and all the members for giving 100% everytime you visit LGF. Help spread the word, the more that join the better the herp fancying community will be as a whole Clap
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gothicgurrrl Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:56 pm

Awww only just managed to get onto the forum for a thorough check through haha Smile

Thankyou Jordan for your lovely message! Smile I really appreciate it Very Happy
You are an awesome admin! & you have created an amazing forum!

I love this forum so much Smile I have met so many wonderful people who I hope will be my friends forever Very Happy You've all helped me so much Very Happy LOVE YOU!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LGF!

WOOO! I was the 11th member to join LGF!

I love you

gothicgurrrl
gothicgurrrl
Forum Staff

LGF Points LGF Points : 6090

http://sbf-lionheads.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by samsleopardgeckos Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:14 am

Happy Birthday Leopard gecko forum yay !!!!!!!!!!
samsleopardgeckos
samsleopardgeckos
Forum Staff

Status Status : Trying to tame the Iggy-Pop :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 2764

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down