Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need someones help

2 posters

Go down

I need someones help Empty I need someones help

Post by Zak Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:50 pm

I have a sick leopard gecko, and I don't have the money for a vet.. She's healthy but her eyes are filled with gloop, or just cloudy I cannot tell and I don't want to hurt her by trying to get whatever it is out. I've tried everything and I feel that I need to give her to someone who can help her on recovery, she barely eats for me and I would hate to see her die... and I called local rescues but no one will help me. If someone could point me to a rescue or if you can take her in your home and take great care of her then I am willing to give her to you if you live in Peoria, Arizona. If you have any home cures that can help me keep her here because I do love her a lot then please post some I just don't want to hurt her.. Thanks for reading..

Zak

LGF Points LGF Points : 160

Back to top Go down

I need someones help Empty Re: I need someones help

Post by Zak Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:07 pm

Anyone please..

Zak

LGF Points LGF Points : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Hey zak. Unfortunately it sounds like an eye infection if she had yellow discharge. She needs a vet and antibiotics if she had a chance at survival before it spreads to her respratory tract. Rescues likey don't want the expense of taking on a sick lizard which stinks, that's all part of rescue. One way or aother it is your responsibility to get her the care she needs, beg borrow or steal the funds to have her seen (that's what my mom always told me). You could try posting her on craigslist looking for a good samaratin looking to take her on but be honest about her condition. You can try flushing her eyes with plain saline solution to flush any debris that might be in there causing irritation but it won't help any secondary infection. You really can't hurt her doing the flushes, hopefully it could just be stuck shed and a few flushes could resolve the problem.

Sorry I can't be more helpful or optamistic but she's messed up and needs a vet. Maybe if you fll out our care questionnaire we can check your husbndry to make sure there's nothing there that could be conrib uting to her eye issue and eating problem. You can find it in the stickies at the top of the health forum.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum