Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does he look healthy?

2 posters

Go down

Does he look healthy? Empty Does he look healthy?

Post by jmosier Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:57 am

His tail isn't very fat like most of the geckos I see on here. I've had him for almost a week and he's eaten only 2 superworms and a few mealies. I know that adult leos don't eat every day, but this seems like very little.

Does he look healthy? 1328979012999
jmosier
jmosier

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 49

Back to top Go down

Does he look healthy? Empty Re: Does he look healthy?

Post by Kermit Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:24 am

If you could take a minute to fill out our care questionnaire we'd be better able to double check your husbandry and see if theres a specific reason he may not be eating/gaining wrought. http://www.leopardgeckoforum.com/t134-please-read-and-fill-out-with-your-health-questions

He doesn't really look unhealthy to me, he just looks young (under a year old). Until they're a year-ish old most of their food intake goes to growing, the tail only fattens after they have food reserves that need stored (aren't being used to grow). He sounds like he's eating fine. My adult leo eats 2-4 (usually 2) supers 2 or 3x a week unless he shed that week then he won't eat for about 4 days, but then when he does he's ben eating 3-4 supers, then the next feeding 1 or 2. Also your leo could be brumating, they do that in the wnter, slow down their eating and activity, its completely normal for leos to go off food a bit in the winter.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down