Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you want?

5 posters

Go down

What would you want? Empty What would you want?

Post by LeopardGex Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:04 am

I'm unsure of the forum this should be under so i put it in the general discussion section. Anyway!

If you guys hadd the choice would you take a free....
Highly influenced almost fully Lavender, A Blizzard x High yellow, or a High yellow x SHTCTB
This is just for personal information, I have no idea what i would get but it would probobly
Be the Highly influenced Lavender or the Blizzard x High yellow. ( Hard decision though )
Also, while on this subject I know that females lose a lot of weight when laying and i should
Need to know if she could eat wax worms to increase the fat intake or healthy her up. Maybe
A pinky could help. Also I have decided to only have a female lay once per season. Keep in mind
I mostly want to know the answer to the question about what gecko you would take for free. Rolling Eyes
LeopardGex
LeopardGex
Loyal Member

Status Status : Xbox Gamertag: Sleet Yargg
LGF Points LGF Points : 666

Back to top Go down

What would you want? Empty Re: What would you want?

Post by wolfbane468 Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:35 am

ha ha thats a random question and being such a noob made next to no sense at all but i do like blizzards alot
wolfbane468
wolfbane468
Loyal Member

Status Status : XBOX gamertag wolfbane468
LGF Points LGF Points : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by LeopardGex Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:06 am

Thanks for responding!
LeopardGex
LeopardGex
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:22 am

I would want the high yellow X SHTCTB.

When mixing a blizzard and high yellow, you would just have a high yellow het for blizzard. Which means it would carry the blizzard gene, but wouldn't look like a blizzard, so it would be just like a regular high yellow.

Lavendars are nice, but they don't really tickle my fancy. :P

Females leos may sometimes lose weight during breeding. Best thing to do is offer her lots of food throughout the process. Get her nice and plump before hand. She should be a minimum 55grams before you begin breeding her. A scale is KEY in this. It is a neccesity during breeding. Waxworms are OK as treats, but shouldn't be fed too much. They are extremely fatty and leos can become addicted to them. So be careful.

Females can actually lay several clutches with one coupling. So you could put her with your male, they mate. You separate them, and they can actually lay up to around 10 clutches (10 clutches times 2 eggs each clutch= 20 eggs in one season from one leo).
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Post by LeopardGex Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:34 am

Wow thats crazy 20 eggs!!! but i know about the weight minimum besides my female is 64 grams. Smile I might breed a Rainwater x High yellow lavender
LeopardGex
LeopardGex
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodieh Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:01 am

Do not feed your Leo a pinky mouse. They are INSECTIVORES first and CARNIVORES second.
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : College is hard. :(
LGF Points LGF Points : 1943

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659492989

Back to top Go down

Post by LeopardGex Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:37 am

ok
LeopardGex
LeopardGex
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mardy Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:51 am

I'm partial to lavender or SHTCTB. Lavender can be very pretty if you can refine it, line breed it, to perfect the coloring and pattern. SHTCTB on the other hand, is just pure beauty with the tangerine color, carrot tail, and it seems to be a very popular morph still today.

If you're trying to do a market research to find out what people will buy, I'll say I've read a report from Lzrdgrl from another forum. She goes to reptile shows often and setup tables to sell her geckos. She said the most popular are often the more common and cheaper morphs, such as mack snows, normals, and tangs. Most of her customers are kids that want a cool gecko, where their parents usually have a $100 limit on buying something at a reptile show for their kids. Kids tend to like leopard geckos with a lot of patterns and dots.
Mardy
Mardy
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 2105

http://www.onlinegeckos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LeopardGex Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:04 pm

Well that makes me feel like im 5 lol. Im 14 but my gecko was sort of cheap and she has a fair amount of paterns and dots lol. It was my first leo so i started with baby steps. My geckos are only gona be around like $95 including shipping for the High yellow Lavender x Jungle so its all cool. Im into the whole SHTCTB thing too. They are so amazingly colored. I am going to line breed for lavennder if i can find a good lavender influenced male but i havent been able to find one so far. Any way thanks for the advice.
LeopardGex
LeopardGex
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum