Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big steps forward.

3 posters

Go down

Big steps forward. Empty Big steps forward.

Post by ozziesmum Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:59 pm

Morning all

as mentioned on Friday I decided to try Tripod on crickets again (as s/he has shown fear of them I decided to chill them first) so Friday night s/he ate 3, Saturday morning s/he ate 2 Saturday night s/he showed no interest so gave her 3 mealies, this morning another 2 and as s/he ate them as soon as I offered them to her I decided to take everything out of the viv and put another 3 in with her, for the first time she went into full hunting mode, stalking, tail wiggling the works but by now they had warmed up and were very active and although s/he did go for one of them it jumped as s/he lost interest but s/he didn't scream and run s/he just casually walked away so that's fine.

Since I moved her downstairs s/he has settled so much more and for the last few days s/he has been out and about during the evenings even coming up to the glass to say hello when I walk past so while everything was out of the viv I decided to try another handling session with her and what a success s/he happily walked onto my hand and was totally chilled out so after a few minutes I let her walk off and then put my hand in again and s/he got straight on, I moved my hands around and s/he made no effort to jump off, I repeated it twice more and then left her to have a sleep which s/he is now doing. I feel so proud of her and hopefully we have now turned a massive corner. Dancing
ozziesmum
ozziesmum
Loyal Member

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 560

Back to top Go down

Big steps forward. Empty Re: Big steps forward.

Post by Mardy Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Very cool to hear that your gecko is doing better thumbs up 2
Mardy
Mardy
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 2105

http://www.onlinegeckos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:20 am

Thats awesome that she's finally coming around. Keep up the good work thumbs up 2
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum