Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hi every1

5 posters

Go down

hi every1 Empty hi every1

Post by boyzy8584 Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:21 am

hi ppl my name is robbie n im new to keeping leo's iv got an adult male which i dont really kno wat morph he is and am having major problems trying to put a pic of him on here lol better with animals than tech can any1 help me please once iv solved this problem i have a few questions im sure you could help me with
many thanks
Robbie

boyzy8584

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 56

Back to top Go down

hi every1 Empty Re: hi every1

Post by kathstew Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:44 am

Hello Robbie and welcome to the forum!
I'm sorry your leo is having some troubles. I hope we are able to help you figure out the problem!
Please take a look at this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It will help you figure out how to post pictures.
If you can also copy, paste and fill out the health questionnaire, it will help us get to the bottom of any problems you are having: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks!
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzy8584 Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:32 am

thanx for your help and iv had a look at the questionarie and to be honest there is not alot of the questions i can answer I know he is an adult just by his size and i know the shop i got him from has only ever fed it wax worms which i know isnt great also he was in a tiny tank. iv only had him 2days and now hav him in a much larger viv but he has now gone off his food is this just coz of the change of surroundings and how can i ween him off the wax worms and onto better food I hav a million questions as i just want the best for him
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

boyzy8584

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:55 am

Pretty leo, welcome to the forum. First thing I'd do is try to get that stuck shed off his feet. He can actually lose those toes if it stays on for too long. A warm soak in the sink and rub with q tip should do the trick. I understand theres some things in the questionnaire you might not be able to answer, just do the best you can. Info about his set up such as heating and substrait, and about the suppliment schedule youre using are moi importane so any info you have there would be great.

Addiction yo wax worms can be difficult break but it can be done. You can try fasting him for a week then offer whatever feeders you want him to eat, for his size I'd recommend super worms or roaches, our greatly decreases your chances of parasites which crickets are known to carry. Fasting him for a week won't hurt him, just make sure he has water available at all times. Your can also try weaning him off waxies by using other more healthy soft bodied worms such as silk, phoenix, and butter worms. He may be hesitant to eat straight away because of the move, don't worry too badly about that, he'll settle in soon and be a hungry eating machine Smile

As far as all the questions you have, theres a TON of great info in the care sheets section, and each forum section such as housing, feeding, etc. all have great stickies well worth reading. Using the search feature will allow you to use more specific parameters for something particular you might be looking for. Read read read is the best thing you could do right now, then after that if you still have questions or are unsure of something absolutely ask, we pride ourselves at lgf for having a friendly helpful membership and for for providing the best, most accurate info in the web. thumbs up 2 glad to have you aboard Smile
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzy8584 Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:03 am

thanks so much for the advice il get on with the reading and doin my best with the questionaire and do u kno wat morph he is thanks again Very Happy

boyzy8584

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:25 am

He looks mack snow-ish to me, looks alot like my mack Smile having a shot of his face/eyes would help. this is my boy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm not a morph expert but I'm sure others a little more well versed in morphology will chime in tho.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodieh Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:37 am

Without having seen proof of this guy as a baby, or breeding him to prove out, he's just a nice normal. If you were to, at a later date, breed him and the babies looked a certain way then you could say he is a mack snow.

Still a very pretty leo, none the less.
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : College is hard. :(
LGF Points LGF Points : 1943

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659492989

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:26 am

A normal kodie? Really? I don't think there's enough coloring to be just a normal. A person can look at a baldy and know its a baldy with out proving it out. There are tell tale things to look for. Now saying it was a gem mack or a tug mack or something besides a basic mack would need to be proven. I don't think its a normal.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by samsleopardgeckos Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:29 am

Hiya and Welcome to the forum Smile
samsleopardgeckos
samsleopardgeckos
Forum Staff

Status Status : Trying to tame the Iggy-Pop :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 2764

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:54 am

I think he looks like a normal. I have to agree with Kodie about having to assume its a normal unless seeing it as a baby.
A baldy is a leo with no spotting on its head, what would need to be proven out about that?

I would definitely switch off the waxworms, as quickly as possible. Waxworms are fine as a treat once and a while, but are very addicting if fed in excess. I would switch to a variety of crickets, superworms, dubai roaches, mealworms etc. Although anyone of those can be used as a staple diet, a variety is the best option. Also make sure to gutload your feeders a minimum of 24hours prior to feeding them to your leopard gecko. You will also need to provide a multivitamin that contains calcium and vitamin D3.

How are you heating his tank?

Don't be afraid to ask questions, we are happy to answer them! Very Happy
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzy8584 Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:59 pm

thanx for the help i am heating the tank with a heat mat n mini stat i tried him on crickets yesterday but he was scared of them but got him to take some mealworms lastnight

boyzy8584

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum