Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ken The Lumpy Leo Needs Your Help

Go down

Ken The Lumpy Leo Needs Your Help Empty Ken The Lumpy Leo Needs Your Help

Post by samsleopardgeckos Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:30 am

Hi There Everyone,

I'm here to ask for your help in getting Ken the operation he needs to remove a marble size lump(abcess) he has on his belly. Im trying to raise about £80 for his operation that is booked for Wednesday 4th May.

Here's poor Kens story ~
His owner contacted me last week looking for someone to rehome him as he was going traveling for 4months in June, he told me about Kens shedding problems and a lump he had. Now the lad is college student but he did 3/4months earlier when the lump first came up take him to a reptile vet who told him it was a cyst or tumor that needed to be cut out and quoted him £160 to do this. Unfortunatley due to this lad saying he couldn't afford the operation as he's a student Ken has now had the lump for almost 4months.
When his owner contacted me he told me the lump was the size of a skittle on his leg but when he brought Ken to me it was a very different story, the lump which is hard and yellow coloured and the size of a marble on the right side of his belly just infront his leg stuck out like a sore thumb and does get in the way of him walking around.
(here's a pic of the lump)
Ken The Lumpy Leo Needs Your Help Dscf1031
Ken The Lumpy Leo Needs Your Help Dscf1032
Now if this poor leo had turned up on your door step could you honestly say you would of sent him and the owner packing even tho you know its going to cost you more than you can easily afford?

So the problem i now have is i got a rough quote for having a lump removed from his leg which i could easily afford without asking for help but that has now gone up a fair bit due to the vet now having seen were the lump is and its size. So im here asking if there is anyone willing to donate any money into helping poor Ken get his operation?
He such a lovely little chap that im willing to try anything to raise the money i need to help him.
Ken The Lumpy Leo Needs Your Help Dscf1033

I will be trying to the raise the funds by selling equipment and other things i no-longer use or need aswell.

Thanks for Reading
Sam & Ken Smile

Last edited by samsleopardgeckos on Thu May 05, 2011 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : opp done)
samsleopardgeckos
samsleopardgeckos
Forum Staff

Status Status : Trying to tame the Iggy-Pop :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 2764

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum