Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mossy green?

+2
Mardy
Body Thief
6 posters

Go down

mossy green? Empty mossy green?

Post by Body Thief Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:48 am

What are your thoughts on this morph? Is it legit? This reptile store has a breeder pair. They look amazing. Do they produce the same color offspring?
Body Thief
Body Thief
Loyal Member

Status Status : I <3 Claudia!!
LGF Points LGF Points : 842

Back to top Go down

mossy green? Empty Re: mossy green?

Post by Mardy Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:38 pm

What's mossy green? Have any pics?
Mardy
Mardy
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 2105

http://www.onlinegeckos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Body Thief Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:41 pm

I'm pretty sure it's the same as emerald or emerine. I don't know why it was labeled as Mossy green.
Body Thief
Body Thief
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:13 am

If they aren't using the proper morph names I wouldn't trust them, thats just my opinion though.
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Post by Body Thief Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:31 am

Yah that's what I'm thinking :/ they do look amazing though
Body Thief
Body Thief
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnie Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:04 am

I want to see them (:
Marnie
Marnie
Loyal Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 484

Back to top Go down

Post by Body Thief Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:44 am

I wish I could have taken a picture, the owner had a sign that said no pictures though. He probably would have let me if i asked and took off the flash though, He was a really cool dude and seemed to care a lot about his pets. He asks everyone who wants to purchase their knowledge on whatever type of reptile it is and if they lack the knowledge he won't sell....so he said anyways
Body Thief
Body Thief
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rickmoss95 Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:54 am

+2 on what kathryn said, for one, if he is selling a morph, he should know what the proper name is...and the genetics that are involved...or he should not be selling them, just my opinion. how much was he asking for the pair? i dont know how many times i have seen people try to sell something for a rediculous price, and it is not even real, or genetic. i recently saw the kid i sold some of my dwarf retics too, trying to sell one for some kind of "platinum, hidden albino gene, tiger, titanium....some other crap! he had a pic of the animal on the fauna classifieds, and asking like ten grand for it!!!! it was a superdwarf tiger....thats it!!! and he posted a pic of me holding my platiunum dwarf tiger, saying it was one of the parents!!! and i bought the animal from steve gooch!(the one he was selling) ...and my platinum tiger was in no way related!! that is the kind of things you have to watch for when buying morphs...that is why i only buy from reliable breeders, or breeders i am friends with.
rickmoss95
rickmoss95
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 1245

Back to top Go down

Post by Body Thief Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:09 am

He was selling the pair for 250$

All his other leos were labelled correctly though.

I'm guessing what MAY have happened was his friend who is a breeder maybe got the same mutation by accident, only years after ron did and maybe because his lizards aren't related to rons he felt he wasn't aloud to use the same name.

I mean people do sue people for stuff like that.

They were the most amazing leos I have seen in any pet store though as far as health goes. They had really fat tails and just good color, They were pretty active which I haven't really seen at any stores before. I'm only a recent owner of leos but I've always looked at them every time I go into a pet store since I was a kid.

But I totally know what you mean! It's always better to just go to a reputable breeder. Well maybe not always, I'm in love with my goofball Claudia and who knows where she came rom haha She has quite the personality! :P
Body Thief
Body Thief
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Body Thief Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:11 am

And Rick...Do you have pictures of ALL your leos on here? :P I want to see your whole collection, Just the few I have seen are immaculate! I'm jealous hahaha
Body Thief
Body Thief
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mardy Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:44 am

This morph naming issue isn't isolated to just pet stores and unreliable breeders. Unfortunately it happens with reputable breeders as well. Ron Tremper, a guy you would know by name simply due to all the "tremper albino" morphs out there is a great example. He has a "new morph" called Galaxy, but everybody knows it's just a mack super snow eclipse that are linebred to reduce the spotting.

So yeah, just be careful and not buy into the marketing hype. People like to make up names because it's a way to sell their geckos, making them sound like they are new, exciting, and rare. Forums like this one really helps when you are in doubt.
Mardy
Mardy
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 2105

http://www.onlinegeckos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Body Thief Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:54 am

Yeah thats what I figured. When I went in and saw the name I knew it wasn't right because I saw the emerines already on Trempers site but couldn't remember the name at the time. But they weren't really that over priced, maybe 25-50 $ (at least from what ive seen online anyways) which is understandable considering how high rent is where I live

:/ so IDK why they felt the need to give it a different name, whe theyre not selling it for like 500$
Body Thief
Body Thief
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rickmoss95 Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:51 am

jess. i have most of them on here....i think. i will make a new post with pics of the ones i will show everyone...i have a couple from a friend, who has not released these, and does not want them to be shown yet. they are proven genetic, and are amazing, but i cant show those...sorry. i was lucky enough that he wants to put them into white and yellow, but he has no white and yellow...i do, so as a deal, he gave me a couple, and i am gonna give him some white and yellow crossed into these~offspring. in a year or two when he releases them, there will already be some morphs...it should be pretty cool to see what we can do to these. i have a few that i dont have pics of also, but i will make a new post in showing off, and put most of my animals on there for you! Wink
rickmoss95
rickmoss95
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 1245

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:55 am

I'd like to keep the 'is galaxy a new morph or not' discussion to a minimum if you don't mind, or just be careful what you say.
I know another forum has previously had issues with Ron over a similar subject.
Jordan
Jordan
Forum Staff

Status Status : The review team rocks!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1923

http://supermorphleos.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Body Thief Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:02 am

Sweet can't wait!

Np Jordan
Body Thief