Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Please!!!!!!!!!

5 posters

Go down

Help Please!!!!!!!!! Empty Help Please!!!!!!!!!

Post by Elz Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:59 am

Ok now please no arguing lol i really need help as i do appreciate all of you guys help! but now this is very serious....I know leos are usually scared when they are in a new habitat but we basically got this leo for free and he looked so skinny so we're basically trying to nurse him back....he wont eat at all...i dont think he has impaction or if theres anything major wrong with him because this lil guy likes to bite(and hang on) and run like a crazy man and he lovessssss to jump to damn near the top of his tank! so i highly doubt anything is wrong internally but he just wont eat or drink water and its making me nervous...i dont wanna send him back to petco but i cant stand to see it die it would crush us....we nursed 3 other leos back to health from deadly petco but this one is just starting off horrible.....any suggestions?

Help Please!!!!!!!!! 20tmf5z

and again

Help Please!!!!!!!!! 2j4oitf
Elz
Elz

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 221

Back to top Go down

Help Please!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Help Please!!!!!!!!!

Post by kathstew Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:34 am

How long have you had him/how long has he been not eating?
Try dripping bits of water on his nose so he can lick it up.
Have you tried feeding him slurry?
What have you tried feeding him? How have you tried feeding him?
If he was used to eating crickets at the petco, you may want to try giving him some crickets, he may not be used to mealworms. If he was used to crickets he may not know that there is food in the bowl.
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Post by Elz Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:54 am

truthfully he was the only one hiding....and we dont keep crickets in here so yea that i dont know...my gf is terrified of em.....but i only had him for a day lol but hes just so jittery but wont eat...and whats slurry?
Elz
Elz

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:14 am

leo's take a bit of time to settle into their new surroundings and then they should start to eat once they have settled in my leo took about a week to start eating and now he/she has a very healthy appetite now Smile my leo was used to eating crickets but i cant stand them so i gradually introduced meal worms and locusts untill they made up the whole of my leos diet.
James
James
Loyal Member

Status Status : Wants a ferret :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by Body Thief Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:08 am

Yeah my Leo ate the first day I brought her home, she was probably starving at the pet store, but then she wouldn't eat for 3 days after and now she eats everyday. Now, she gets excited when she sees the container I gutload the mealies in.
Body Thief
Body Thief
Loyal Member

Status Status : I <3 Claudia!!
LGF Points LGF Points : 842

Back to top Go down

Post by Mardy Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:09 am

I saw you post elsewhere that you don't have an UTH for this lil gecko yet. The gecko won't eat without proper belly heat. This is very important. Even if they do eat, they won't be able to digest food properly. So by instinct, if there's not enough heat, they simply don't eat.

It's important to fill out the Health Questionnaire for this very reason. In order to help you we need to know everything there is to the gecko, setup, environment, feeders, etc..
Mardy
Mardy
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 2105

http://www.onlinegeckos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:17 am

If he has only not eaten for a day I wouldn't be worried. Some leos take a few days to eat after going to a new home.
You also need to think that he was at a breeder, went to the pet store, then went home with you all in a matter of hours. That will be very stressful on the poor little guy!

As Mardy said, its important to get an UTH if you don't already have one. Can you fill out the health questionnaire please? It will help us in helping you. http://www.leopardgeckoforum.com/t134-please-read-and-fill-out-with-your-health-questions
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Post by Elz Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:18 am

lol that thing is longggggg but i got him his own tank and these ppl gave us another free leo ill post pics of him soon 2...its a 20 gallon....idk what he is either so ill post pics in the other section....idk why the hell they r just giving them 2 us lol is that a sign sayin we should start breeding?! lol....but hey i dont mind the more the merrier ....plus i started my own mealworm colony 2 weeks ago and i already have 3 beetles lol so theyll have plenty mealworms...the new leo ate 8 mealworms today with no hesitation and the little patternless guy snuck and got some water but i saw him lol so thats great....oh yea and i have about 30 pupae with like 400 other mealworms still in the bin ready to pupate so yea thats alot of beetles! but i just wanna say thanks again guys you help me out way 2 much! oh and by the way the little fella that wont eat will never go in his moist hide but the new guy that we got last night went in there as soon as i put it in and started shedding within like 15 mins lol the little little one only stays on the cool side
Elz
Elz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum