Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey yall Im New

2 posters

Go down

Hey yall Im New Empty Hey yall Im New

Post by BabyJ Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:58 am

Hey yall. I'm new hear I'm hoping to get two geckos soon. They will be my first.

BabyJ

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 23

Back to top Go down

Hey yall Im New Empty Re: Hey yall Im New

Post by kathstew Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:45 am

Hello and welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your time here and I hope we are able to help you!
Do you have any specific questions you would like to ask before getting your leos?
Just so you know, its generally recommended not to house leos together unless you've had experience with them. Housing leos together can result in fighting. If you do insist on having two though, make sure they are both females. Two males will fight. And male +female pairs may breed when you don't want it, or the female may be bullied a lot by the male.

Here are a few links to look at around the site. Its got all the info you need for your future leos!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good luck with your future leos, and again, if you have any questions feel free to ask them!
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Post by BabyJ Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:54 am

I had plan on getting two femles. I wanna get two deferent morphs. That way if I wanna breed later.

BabyJ

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:06 pm

I recommend getting just one to start off with. Housing multiple leos can cause problems.
I asked about housing multiple leos together when I first joined.
If you wanna read about it look [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Quick thing about breeding: if you plan to breed albinos, don't mix the albino strains. There are three confirmed albino strains (bell, tremper and rainwater). You aren't supposed to mix those strains. So no breeding a bell to a tremper.
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down