Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking after the timid one

2 posters

Go down

Taking after the timid one Empty Taking after the timid one

Post by Marnie Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:53 am

I got Mario, my new male leo, because he was adorable and thought him and Lipsy could be friends. He is so timid and shy, jumps at the slightest rumble of the lid coming off the vivarium. I hate it because Lipsy has always been very out going and she isnt scared of anything, i can walk over completely out of the blue open the viv and just grab her and she is content to just go with whatever is happening. Since her and Mario have been together she has become just as jumpy. I put my hand near her for her to lick me, as she always hs done and then she comes out to say hello and see if i will take her for a tour of the house on my palm, but she just freaks out and flinches like mad. I dont get it, it really upset me. Like my daughter telling me i'm not her mum anymore :'(

Is she going to stay like this or is it a case of her getting to know me again? Her bites hurt!! I darent even try with Mario because he is bigger and stronger than Lipsy, he would probably take my finger off.

If i was to seperate them when would be a good time to let them spend time with eachother? Just every other day or only in breeding season? I'm not sure whether it would confuse them :s

Are leo's common for getting bad eye sight? Mario doesnt seem to be able to see his food when it is moving infront of him. He notices it but he has to nudge it and poke it and eventually he just walks away and leaves it on the floor Neutral I dont understand that either
Marnie
Marnie
Loyal Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 484

Back to top Go down

Taking after the timid one Empty Re: Taking after the timid one

Post by smsararas2 Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:22 am

It may be possible Marnie that Mario is stressing her out and it is difficult to tell. If he is putting her on edge then she may be taking it out on you. If she is already upset and then you startle her she just attacks. If your tank is as big as you thought then maybe you can put a divider in there so you don't need a second tank Wink. I hope this helps and probably after separating them she should settle down.
smsararas2
smsararas2
Forum Staff

Status Status : Just found out Fly is worth 6-800 dollars....oh my
LGF Points LGF Points : 1470

http://smsararas2.webnode.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnie Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:31 am

Yes, that makes sense. I have my boyfriend working on the divider as we speak (I hope he is and not slacking haha) They're going to be seperated no doubt about it, i dont like Lipsy being like this >,<

Thankyou!
Marnie
Marnie
Loyal Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 484

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down