Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LGF-QuickReply

4 posters

Go down

LGF-QuickReply Empty LGF-QuickReply

Post by Jordan Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:15 am

You have very likely noticed by now the new editor i made for us called LGF-QuickReply. I made this completely myself, and so its bound to have a few bugs.

Anyway, this thread is for updating you on changes made to LGF-QuickReply, letting you know of the new features and functions i add to it.

It will also be a place for you to let me know of any issues or bugs you find with it, so i can fix them.

It will also be the place where you can suggest features or functions to add to LGF-QuickReply, since its my own, i have complete control over what it can do. Wink

OR, if you want you can just use this thread to praise how beautiful it looks :P
Jordan
Jordan
Forum Staff

Status Status : The review team rocks!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1923

http://supermorphleos.webs.com

Back to top Go down

LGF-QuickReply Empty Re: LGF-QuickReply

Post by James Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:19 am

I like the quick reply, it's good Very Happy
James
James
Loyal Member

Status Status : Wants a ferret :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodieh Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:21 am

I want to be able to press CTRL-i for italics like in the other ones. xD
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : College is hard. :(
LGF Points LGF Points : 1943

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659492989

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:57 am

I've come to praise how beautiful it looks! Very Happy

Seriously though, I love it. I agree with Kodie though. Having the short cut ctrl b or i etc is very handy.
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:18 am

Thanks for the suggestions and i will definitely look into adding that feature. thumbs up

Latest Updates:
- added smiley box. Some new smileys, some have gone.

- Added other box. which contains threee options. 'Health Questionnaire', 'Useful Links' and 'Spoiler'
The Health Questionnaie button when finished will load the health questionnaire questions into the textbox for the user to fill out. Useful links will insert the necessary BBcode for certain links, try it out. And the spoiler button will input spoiler tags. If you don't know what a spoiler is here is one:

Spoiler:

- Lastly, when you send a wall message now, instead of the page refreshing, you will be taken to that users wall. Makes sense really.
Jordan
Jordan
Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodieh Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:48 am

Maybe a feature where it re-orientates on your post after pressing the reply? I sometimes end up in threads with fewer posts long than the side bars and see a completely blank white screen, forcing me to scroll up.
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:10 am

Today i have completed the Quote button. Its been under construction for a while and whenever you pressed it you got that annoying pop up that i put there :P Well now you don't.

Let me explain some of the new features which come with adding Quote abilities today.

- If you have LGF-QuickReply©️ open, (you have already clicked the reply button and have an editor on screen), you can click the 'Quote' button within the editor to Quote the post that you are currently in.

- If you have no editor open, you can click the 'Quote' button at the top of posts, next to 'Edit', which will open the LGF-QuickReply©️ and quote the post you clicked in.

- If you have an editor open, you can clic on any quote button on that page, ad it will Quote that post for you into the editor which you currently have open.

This should make Multi Quoting a heck of a lot easier too. Smile

The next feature to be added will be finishing the Health Questionnaire button. And then the 'Edit' feature.
However first, i'm going to quickly look into this for Kodie:
Kodieh wrote:I want to be able to press CTRL-i for italics like in the other ones. xD

However this may not be possible:
Kodieh wrote:Maybe a feature where it re-orientates on your post after pressing the reply? I sometimes end up in threads with fewer posts long than the side bars and see a completely blank white screen, forcing me to scroll up.

I'll explain. When you click send, obviously, your post has not been sent yet and so does not exist. And so when the page reloads, there is nowhere for me to tell it to orientate to.
It worked with the previous editor because of the page inbetween. Whilst on the page inbetween your post DID exist, and so it could redirect and orientate to the correct place.
I can attempt to find a way, but the best i might be able to give you is either orientating to the last post in the topic (which will be the one before yours) or the post in which you had the editor open in.
Jordan
Jordan
Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodieh Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:35 am

You might try removing the redirect when using the LGF quick-reply of "#bottom". I don't know if thats how you're able to step around the middle-man page when posting though.
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:28 am

The new editor has been temporarily disabled due to the forum software updating and the editor won't work whilst this is going on. Thankfully though, this won't happen often.

And the automatic addition of the bottom anchor will be removed soon. But no, it isn't related to skipping the middle-page.
Jordan
Jordan
Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: