Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aggression in Iguana's :)

4 posters

Go down

Aggression in Iguana's :) Empty Aggression in Iguana's :)

Post by samsleopardgeckos Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:39 am

Hiya all,

Help Iggy-pop has got to the point where Gary doesn't have time for him and I just cant deal with him so I spoke to our vet earlier and he gave me 3opptions

1. Castration/Neutering
  2. Rehome
  3. Put to sleep

So I've booked him in to be castrated/neutered next thursday to see if that will calm him down and stop the aggression I get from him and if that still fails to calm/stop the aggression then rehome or put to sleep. Or if anyone else has any ideas on what i can do to deal with him on my and not get scratched/whipped or bitten cos i know its only going to get worse as he grows.

Any addvice welcome right now cos as much as i dont want to give up on him I may have to admit defeet with this one.
samsleopardgeckos
samsleopardgeckos
Forum Staff

Status Status : Trying to tame the Iggy-Pop :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 2764

Back to top Go down

Aggression in Iguana's :) Empty Re: Aggression in Iguana's :)

Post by Kermit Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:53 pm

Sometimes you can't fight mother nature hon. You know the nature of iggys as well as most... and they're not sweet by nature. You have tried your hearts out with iggy pop and have come a long way with him. Hopefully neutering does the trick but there is anotheroption of accepting him for who and how he is, limiting interactions, and keeping him as more of a look but don't touch pet. Maybe a zoo can take him if neutering doesn't help, I'm sure there's other options aside of euthanasia.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by samsleopardgeckos Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:59 pm

Yeah i know i cant fight mother nature hun but its so hard to keep a animal that you cant even clean out without help or feed without getting tail whipped. Im really hoping the castration works as gary wont let me keep him if it doesn't just cos he doesn't want to come home one day to find i've had to go get stitches for inguries caused by Iggy-pop. But i'll do everything i can to find him a home if this fails cos i wont let them put him to sleep
samsleopardgeckos
samsleopardgeckos
Forum Staff

Status Status : Trying to tame the Iggy-Pop :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 2764

Back to top Go down

Post by asianpersuasion Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:22 am

Sam im definitely sorry to hear that iggy is reverting to his natural behaviors. Turok my iggy is the exact same way. Any time i just walk into my reptile room he flares up and whips the side of his cage or he hauls butt up to his perch. But i know its just there nature so i leave it be and hes just for "Eye Candy" if you will. The way my cage for him is setup tho i can get in there to clean it and feed him while he is up in his perch and dont have to worry bout him getting me. The only way i can get him out is if i put one of my leather gloves on. It takes a bit of chasing him around but once i get him into my hands he calms right down and just relaxes. But thats happens on rare occasions. So good luck with the castration and i really hope it works out for you.
asianpersuasion
asianpersuasion
Loyal Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 1060

http://www.wix.com/asianpersuasion529/nocoleopardgeckos

Back to top Go down

Post by James Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:09 am

ive heard giving them bathes can help relax them, but I may be completely wrong. Smile and good luck with the neutering Smile
James
James
Loyal Member

Status Status : Wants a ferret :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum