Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LGF RULEZ!

+5
Kermit
gothicgurrrl
Jordan
smsararas2
joneill
9 posters

Go down

LGF RULEZ! Empty LGF RULEZ!

Post by joneill Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:27 pm

I was just reading a post by Carmella in the General Dicussion section where she said that people on this forum were so nice. I wanted to comment but it would have taken that thread off topic so I am posting it here.

When I wanted to get my first leopard gecko, I did research, bought books and joined 4 different forums including this one. I have only been a member here since April this year but my experience has proved to be wonderful so far. The supervisors, moderators and facilitators are most helpful and knowledgeable. I always get quick replies to my questions and the advice given is 100% useful. I am still waiting for a reply on one of the other forums that I posted 3 months ago. Also, I did not like the tones and attitudes of the members on the other forums and there was plenty of bickering which made it unenjoyable.

So, well done Jordan and staff, you guys n gals are appreciated more than you know!
joneill
joneill
Loyal Member

Status Status : Loving my panther cham - he is the cutest & smallest lizard I have ever seen!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1256

Back to top Go down

LGF RULEZ! Empty Re: LGF RULEZ!

Post by smsararas2 Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:26 pm

Thank you Jenni, it is our main goal here to help you with any questions you have in as FRIENDLY and informative manner that we can. This is what we are hoping will help us stand out from other forums;)

It is great to know we are on the right track.
smsararas2
smsararas2
Forum Staff

Status Status : Just found out Fly is worth 6-800 dollars....oh my
LGF Points LGF Points : 1470

http://smsararas2.webnode.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:06 pm

I wanted to answer this thread with... 'I know this place is great!' because i honestly love it too!

But I realised that would look bad in my position. tongue So here goes the real reply;

When I first started this forum in febuary, and hired the first supervisor, it was always our goal to keep it very friendly and quick in response. Since then there has been another 120 members or something and its really great to hear back that we are still acheiving that.

I never entered the reptile forum market as competition to the other forums but let me be honest; Its really great to hear 'I love this forum', but its even better when its followed by 'I have tried many other forums..', because that means our efforts to keep it friendly have stood out.

This place remains small at the moment, but its forever growing, and its no light task keeping it moderated and at such great quality, but there's something that makes it a heck of a lot easier, something which keeps me and the staff on top of everything, something which makes us all put the effort in many hours a day, and that is comments like this Very Happy The feedback and hearing happy members!

Happy members, happy staff, happy community, this will always be what we aim for.

You can count on us to keep you feeling like this thumbs up

PS you can have 40 free points for this comment. Wink
Jordan
Jordan
Forum Staff

Status Status : The review team rocks!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1923

http://supermorphleos.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gothicgurrrl Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:40 am

Smile woooo! thankyou for your lovely comment!!
I love this forum so much, too! Smile
gothicgurrrl
gothicgurrrl
Forum Staff

LGF Points LGF Points : 6090

http://sbf-lionheads.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:33 am

Hahaha that's another great thing about this place... Jordan is forever giving things away for free Very Happy

Thank you so much for your warm endearing compliments Jenni... it's nice to know that we are successful in our attempts to keep this place friendly, informative, and fun... Now all ya gotta do is try the weekly QUIZ Very Happy Very fun, and informative even if you don't know a lot it's still great to learn and chat with other members.

Thanks again for the compliments and being a wonderful productive member of the forum Very Happy
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmella Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:16 am

Agree 100% with what you said Jenni. Everyone here is the bestest!
Carmella
Carmella
Loyal Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 360

Back to top Go down

Post by joneill Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:19 pm

Just giving credit where credit is due. It is a value that I have always lived by and it has served me well through life. People are always too quick to complain or criticize, and for some reason they find it hard to compliment or congratulate. I am the other way round, except of course when someone breaks the rules or disregards another person's feelings.

Even though I started the hobby of keeping leopard geckos late in my life, I know that I will always have at least one as a pet and I will always be a supportive member of this forum as long as it keeps running the way it is and has since its inception.
joneill
joneill
Loyal Member

Status Status : Loving my panther cham - he is the cutest & smallest lizard I have ever seen!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by secondhandrose Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:24 pm

I have to agree, this place is AMAZING . The lovely staff and members are some of the sweetest and most patient (and we can't forget helpful!) people on the internet. I've learned tons in my short time here, and I can't wait to watch this forum further blossom and grow.

I LOVE YOU GUYS! Dancing
secondhandrose
secondhandrose

LGF Points LGF Points : 133

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Aw you guys are making us blush Embarassed thank you... remember though we are only as good as our membership so round of applause to y'all as well Wink Clap
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by gothicgurrrl Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:22 am

Awwww Smile so sweet Very Happy
Thankyou!!
I love you all too Very Happy
This forum, all its members, are like an extended family XD
I spend more time chatting to you guys on here, than I do with my family most days!
gothicgurrrl
gothicgurrrl
Forum Staff

LGF Points LGF Points : 6090

http://sbf-lionheads.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodieh Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:41 am

I quite agree, the attitude I got on other forums when I was first starting out. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.], but I like this place. And as you see, I've become apart of the staff myself; because I like this place so much. Wink
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : College is hard. :(
LGF Points LGF Points : 1943

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659492989

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:13 am

Aw c'mon Kodie, we all know you became a member of staff just because you wanted the groovy lil badge under your name Very Happy
(that was a joke in case you missed it)
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodieh Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:15 am

Well, there is that too. Cool
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : College is hard. :(
LGF Points LGF Points : 1943

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659492989

Back to top Go down

Post by xXGeckoGalXx Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:14 am

I agree I really enjoy this place, its not as big and scattered like other reptile forums, not as much sub forums of forums.

The people are amazingly nice and always thanking for receiving help or more information.

The chat is used more often than any other forum I've seen.

Thank you for allow us all to experience this forum, I'm so glad I found it.

I believe before this forum was made, I was searching in google, leopard gecko forum many times, only to find old worn out ones or ones I'm already on.

Thanks LGF for being here today!
xXGeckoGalXx
xXGeckoGalXx
Loyal Member

Status Status : Looking around the forum, feeling bad that I haven't posted in awhile.
LGF Points LGF Points : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum