Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New controller for our soon-to-be rack!

2 posters

Go down

New controller for our soon-to-be rack! Empty New controller for our soon-to-be rack!

Post by canadiangirl Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:09 am

So "simple" pet we got for my daughter's b-day (AFTG) turned into a bit of a gecko obsession. In the last two months we went from no geckos to 6 with breeding in the future for the leos and fat tails. So we are starting to work on a 4x4' rack, with 4" flexwatt heat tap. We are also getting a controller for the rack. It is a VE-300 that seems to have some really cool options, with pre-set night drop, 5 degree +/- alarm, lcd screen. We are excited to get it going. It is over kill this year but will come in very handy next year when I get another male and hopefully lots of babies!

So kinda off topic but do you think you could successfully set a bin of water on a shelf with heat tape and place a bin with vermiculite and eggs on a small rack just out of the water, as long as it is closely monitored do you think this could work as somewhat of an incubator??

Anyways I'll post pics when it is finished, my hubby hopes be start and finish it this weekend.
canadiangirl
canadiangirl

LGF Points LGF Points : 91

Back to top Go down

New controller for our soon-to-be rack! Empty Re: New controller for our soon-to-be rack!

Post by Kermit Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:31 am

I have seen people make incubators out of tubs with an aquarium heater as the heating element andit worked for them. It could work but even temp swings of 2 degrees while incubaing will impact your eggs. Certain temps for certain sexes etc so be mindful of that.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down