Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Spring Rabbit Show SUCCESS!

2 posters

Go down

Our Spring Rabbit Show SUCCESS! Empty Our Spring Rabbit Show SUCCESS!

Post by Kermit Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:17 am

Hey there... it's been a bit since the show but this is really the first chance I've had to do an update on how the show went Smile the show was the weekend of March 7th. I brought 3 rabbits to show. My two senior himi bucks, Norman (A home bred by BKG Rabbits boy) and a new addition to our rabbitry Bruce from Dick's Dwarfs. We also brought our home bred by BKG Rabbits Junior blue silver marten doe Huckleberry.

I was pretty surprised there wern't a lot of people there for the double netherland show but I wasn't totally surprised since there was just sort of a presidential coup within the club that a lot of people were upset about. I think boycotting the show was their way of showing their displeasure as well as the increase in fee to $3.50 a head to enter (almost a dollar more than last season).

Well Norman did GREAT! He actually earned a leg towards his grand champion certification (2 more legs and he's granded yay!). He took BOG (Best of Group) to earn the leg, plus he earneed BOV (best of variety, which is for the himi group) and BOSV (Best Opposite Sex Variety) in the second show. I need to get a good picture of Norman. He's a difficult one to pose, he likes to move around a lot Smile

Bruce did well also earning a leg for BOV (Best of Variety). Here's a pic of Bruce all posed up Smile
Our Spring Rabbit Show SUCCESS! 4922012-02-10211053

Our lil home bred Jr gal Huckleberry, a blue silver marten doe took BOV in the A show and BOSV in the B show. Not bad for her first time on the tables Smile

Not her best pose but gives y'all an idea of what she looks like
Our Spring Rabbit Show SUCCESS! 9672012-02-10205230

and in her cage
Our Spring Rabbit Show SUCCESS! 2012-02-10210738

So that was our day Smile 6 blue ribbons and 2 legs later Smile Overall a pretty good day and start to our show season thumbs up 2

Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Our Spring Rabbit Show SUCCESS! Empty Re: Our Spring Rabbit Show SUCCESS!

Post by Kermit Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:03 am

hm... guess sarah missed this one Smile
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by gothicgurrrl Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:44 am

haha sorry I've have a busy weekend lol
Congrats on your show results! they are great!
I want your blue marten Smile Huckleberry is a lovely name Smile
Wooo! Go Norman & Bruce!
Can't wait to hear more about US rabbit shows.. whens your next show? Mines on 29th April.
gothicgurrrl
gothicgurrrl
Forum Staff

LGF Points LGF Points : 6090

http://sbf-lionheads.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:24 am

Thanks sarah... I hear ya about busy week. There is a show on April 7th that I was thinking about going to but not sure. Depends on $$. Then another on April 22nd that I really do want to go to so hopefully will be able to budget for that one. Huckleberry is a sweetie. I just sold her half sister last week as a nice pet to someone. I have the brother to the one I jsut sold who is a broken blue silver marten. All white with a lil blue chain of spots down his back, around his ears and eyes and half a moustache Smile He's adorable. The only name I can keep coming up for him is Bam (short for bam bam) Smile cause he kinda just pops Smile His first show would be the one on the 22nd. Also that broken otter buck I sent you the pix of, Dash, is really starting to fill out nicely. He might be able to show yet... if he grows into those donkey ears Smile

I'll have to get you some pix of Dash and Bam, and some of Norman of course Smile They're all doing so well, and so randy... the boys are off food and the girls are going berzerk... everyones ready to breed for fall shows Smile
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down