Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lecture Night

2 posters

Go down

Lecture Night Empty Lecture Night

Post by Kermit Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:01 am

Ok... so lately I've been thinking of ways to try and have our forum stand out from the rest. One of the thoughts I had was for a "Lecture Night". This would basically be like a questions and answer thing... members could submit topics they were interested on hearing more information about, and a member of the staff or a guest lecturer would be willing to spend an hour or so in the chat box doing the lecture. The topics could be varied, it wouldn't just have to be about leopard geckos. It could be pretty much anything animal related that we cover on the forum from leos to dogs to rabbits, snakes, other lizards, their housing and suppliment requirements, basic first aide etc. Whatever the topic that was voted on for that month.

Topics would be selected thru suggestions by the membership then the top 3 topics would be put in a thread with a poll to select that month's topic for the lecture. We would hope to be able to get guest speakers from the herp/animal community to come on and do a guest lecture for us, but that would be some ways off in the future after we could solicit some professionals to donate their time for us.

So thoughts??? anyone?
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Lecture Night Empty Re: Lecture Night

Post by James Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:26 am

Sound's good to me kel, I could do plant's and the pests and diseases that effect them and nutrient requirements. if that is any good Smile
James
James
Loyal Member

Status Status : Wants a ferret :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:33 am

Everything is fair game James... There are plenty of herps that require live planted vivs, as well as caudata, and just the terrarium enthusiasts as well so any imput would def. be a bonus thumbs up 2
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:49 am

Smile
James
James
Loyal Member

Status Status : Wants a ferret :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 656

Back to top Go down