Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new setup, step by step (pic heavy)

+2
James
chris_street
6 posters

Go down

new setup, step by step (pic heavy) Empty new setup, step by step (pic heavy)

Post by chris_street Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:02 am

Ok so its finally all done and working great, took nearly all day but have got my new setup done. Took a few pics along the way to show the false floor was made so the heat mat could circulate the air.

First all the stuff I used:

new setup, step by step (pic heavy) First_11

Second is the false floor made from 10mm x 10mm wood for the heat mat to do on top. (action shot). Really easy to do, didnt nail it all together in the viv i did that after this photo so it can be lifted out when a deep clean is needed. I also added extra supports for the vynal tiles after this photo

new setup, step by step (pic heavy) Floor_10

This next shot shows the first peel and stick tiles stuck to the wooden frame I made and the heat mat inserted under. I didnt peel the paper off the part over the heat mat so the heat mat can be removed when needed as well.

new setup, step by step (pic heavy) Tile_a10

So that was the floor complete, next a few shot of the cables i ran up the side of the viv and the decor. I nails cable hooks to the viv to keep the cable out the way and all tidy. Also a log look moist hide that opens in half.

new setup, step by step (pic heavy) Photo810

next up the cool side of the tank, complete with rock hide and rock meal worm and calcium dish

new setup, step by step (pic heavy) Photo910

I have also installed a 35W blue moon light bulb incase it gets a bit chilly in the night. everything is hooked up to a habistat double probe thermostat also have digital probe thermomiter

new setup, step by step (pic heavy) Photo210

full viv

new setup, step by step (pic heavy) Full_v10

Now the man of the moment, currently called Chester Copperpot aka the worlds wierdest leo, he liked to sleep standing up

new setup, step by step (pic heavy) Sleepi10

Can anyone ID his morph please, would be great to know
Looks nice and healthy and has a big fat tail, was a bit worried about the size of him compared to the hides but he can fit ok, gunna weigh him soon once he settles in.

new setup, step by step (pic heavy) Cheste10

chris_street
chris_street

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 186

Back to top Go down

new setup, step by step (pic heavy) Empty Re: new setup, step by step (pic heavy)

Post by James Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:56 am

Cool set up, looks like a bell albino to me, but then my morphology isn't very good so some one else on here should be able to help you better Smile
James
James
Loyal Member

Status Status : Wants a ferret :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 656

Back to top Go down

new setup, step by step (pic heavy) Empty Re: new setup, step by step (pic heavy)

Post by gothicgurrrl Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:38 am

Wow, your viv is looking great Smile
And I'm not very good at morph I.D, but I think it's an albino Smile
gothicgurrrl
gothicgurrrl
Forum Staff

LGF Points LGF Points : 6090

http://sbf-lionheads.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mardy Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:15 am

Awesome setup and thanks for taking step by step pics, I'm sure that'll be very helpful for those looking to DIY.

You gecko looks like a pretty jungle bell or rainwater albino from the above. An eye pic will help in determining what he is.

Bells are easy to tell apart by their reddish/pinkish eyes.
Rainwater have darker silverish eyes.
Tremper tend to have lighter silverish eyes with a slight red pupil.
Mardy
Mardy
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 2105

http://www.onlinegeckos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chris_street Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:34 am

he has really red veins in his eyes if that helps, he's being left in his room to settle in but will take some pics of his eyes once he feels at home. he has gray eyes with really red vein though.

At the moment he's going round the whole place, behind the hides and over the mealworm bowl.

may have a name change soon as well. This can be put in the DIY section if it helps anyone and the photo can be used in the morph ID if there isnt a pic of his morph

chris_street
chris_street

Back to top Go down

Post by Mardy Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:51 am

Sounds like a tremper albino.
Mardy
Mardy
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 2105

http://www.onlinegeckos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Krakatoa Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:20 am

Those hides are really cool, I haven't seen them before. Awesome setup, and gecko! thumbs up 2
Krakatoa
Krakatoa

LGF Points LGF Points : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by chris_street Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:47 am

All products of eBay, pretty cheap stuff
chris_street
chris_street

Back to top Go down

Post by geckochick89 Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:17 pm

Where did you get him? He is probably a tremper albino.
geckochick89
geckochick89

Status Status : 25 leos and counting...
LGF Points LGF Points : 212

http://iherp.com/cmor1031

Back to top Go down

Post by chris_street Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:23 pm

Got him from a local reptile store (uk). The guy who owns it used to be a breeder so is pretty clued up but just said he's albino... Didn't get anymore info then that apart from he "should be" 2-3 years old haha. Doesn't look like other tremper albinos when I have looked at them but guess that is just markings etc, he's one sexy gecko
chris_street
chris_street

Back to top Go down

Post by geckochick89 Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:37 am

Well unfortunately the only way to be sure would be to breed him. I say tremper mainly because they are the most common/abundant type of albino out there, and the problem is that they come in lots of different shades of albino. I have 3 or 4 trempers that look nothing alike. So my educated guess would be tremper.
geckochick89
geckochick89

Status Status : 25 leos and counting...
LGF Points LGF Points : 212

http://iherp.com/cmor1031

Back to top Go down

Post by chris_street Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:23 am

Cool, looks like a tremper jungle albino when I have been looking at pictures, but what ever he looks cool and that's the main thing.
Just about to go feed him, he's so lazy when it's feeding time, takes about 2 steps and if he can't get dinner he just waits to be given it from tongs haha. What a character!
chris_street
chris_street

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down