Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The set up at SML

4 posters

Go down

The set up at SML Empty The set up at SML

Post by Jordan Mon May 09, 2011 7:52 am

Here is a pic of my set up in full, its not big or fancy but it gets the job done. This and a big tank is pretty much all i use now, as i use to have gekco's everywhere.
I have labelled some stuff with letters and explained below.

The set up at SML Set_up10

A: Thermostat, set to 33*C, linked up to a dummy set up.
B: Lots of cardboard boxes, for shipping gecko's out in.
C: Spray bottle for misting and wetting humid hides.
D: Probe thermometers, one to dummy set up to keep an eye on tub temps, one to leo incubator, one to mourning gecko incubator.
E: Lots of spare tubs and enclosure, and decorations.
F: Two incubators, one for leo eggs and one for mourning gecko eggs. Normally female incubator and male incubator.
G: Quarantine ending bit. Gecko's go here when they are in their third month of quarantine, unfortunately it is full at the moment, meaning i can't buy any new gecko's lol.
H: A random tub, that needs a clean lol. The top shelf is the hatchling shelf, as the heat cable is doubled up allowing for two rows of hatchling tubs.
I: Couple of shelfs full of supplies, also keep the food and supplements there.
J: Files and documents go up there, and all gecko records. Also some scales and a box full of some small supplies, like stickers, pens, spare thermometer, tape, blutack, anything i might need.
K: An energy drink i was in the process of drinking and was too lazy to go over and remove from the picture lol.
Forgot to label the mourning gecko's house. Its the tub just next to the spray bottle.

And here is a pic of it without the labels:
The set up at SML Set_up11

Now this is gonna get long, because i have a picture of almost every tub lol. So here we go.
They all have a personalised little enclosure, with their own decoration and hide.

Goliath, Mack Snow het BB.
The set up at SML Img_0310

Eve, the African Fat Tail. I know i spilt her water Sad lol.
The set up at SML Img_0311

Little Tremper Het Patternless, currently up for sale.
The set up at SML Img_0312

Fudge, MS Enigma.
The set up at SML Img_0313

Squiggy, the Raptor.
The set up at SML Img_0314

Grumpy, the SS Tremper
The set up at SML Img_0315

Mea, Mack Snow. Disappearing into her hide.
The set up at SML Img_0316

Coffee, Blazing Blizzard. More pics at the end for you Sarah.
The set up at SML Img_0317

Ziggy, Jungle Aptor. The famous gecko from the LGF Banner, and SML Logo. More pics at the end because i love him lol.
The set up at SML Img_0318

The big breeding tub. This is where they go to breed, in to a big tub. normally in 1.2 groups. Currently in their is SHTCT's and hypo. Breeding for jusy more Super Hypo's. The best pairings have already visited the breeding tub.
The set up at SML Img_0319

Also a big display viv, to keep some favourite females in, to give them a break and a holiday from the stressful breeding and egg laying. I call it the Holiday viv.
The set up at SML Img_0320

So thats the tubs and set up, i think that was every tub i have set up at the moment, with a gecko in.

More pictures to finish off:

Coffee:
The set up at SML Img_0321

She fell head first in to her bowl for seom reason lol.
The set up at SML Img_0322The set up at SML Img_0323
The set up at SML Img_0324

Ziggy, the banner gecko:
The set up at SML Img_0325
The set up at SML Img_0326
The set up at SML Img_0327

More of the Holiday viv:

From above,
The set up at SML Img_0328
The gex exploring it
, The set up at SML Img_0329
The set up at SML Img_0330
Yes thats a ping pong ball you can see, i like to see where they kick it, and where it ends up lol.
The set up at SML Img_0331

Well i hope you enjoyed that little gallery of mine Smile haha.
Jordan
Jordan
Forum Staff

Status Status : The review team rocks!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1923

http://supermorphleos.webs.com

Back to top Go down

The set up at SML Empty Re: The set up at SML

Post by samsleopardgeckos Mon May 09, 2011 8:09 am

Thats a good set up you have there for all your tubs jordan and love the viv set-up Smile

All your geckos look so cute in there homes Smile
samsleopardgeckos
samsleopardgeckos
Forum Staff

Status Status : Trying to tame the Iggy-Pop :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 2764

Back to top Go down

Post by gothicgurrrl Mon May 09, 2011 11:21 am

Wow Smile You have a lovely set-up.. you and sam are really making me want to set-up a rack system so I can buy more geckos. It looks really really neat.

I especially love how you have made each tub look different, using different deco in them Very Happy they look really nice. My favourites tubs are the ones for Squiggy and Grumpy :P

I also love the holiday viv. it is a great idea! how long do you house them in there for? and do you swap them around or do some females mostly always live there?

WOOOO It's COFFEEE! .. and goliath is the daddy? Smile
I love her ^ ^ she looks more pretty everytime I see her :P
I'm so jealous!
gothicgurrrl
gothicgurrrl
Forum Staff

LGF Points LGF Points : 6090

http://sbf-lionheads.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Mon May 09, 2011 10:08 pm

gothicgurrrl wrote:Wow Smile You have a lovely set-up.. you and sam are really making me want to set-up a rack system so I can buy more geckos. It looks really really neat.
Haha thank you. Racks are great, in some ways but bad in others though.

I especially love how you have made each tub look different, using different deco in them Very Happy they look really nice. My favourites tubs are the ones for Squiggy and Grumpy :P
Yeah they all have to have their own decor lol. My fave is Ziggy's tub. It doesn't look very good in the picture, but from a geckos persprective, its very fun lol.

I also love the holiday viv. it is a great idea! how long do you house them in there for? and do you swap them around or do some females mostly always live there?
Yeah the females who stop laying or aren't breeding go into there. Its got more hides and more to explore obviously. Its just a good place to keep the ones that aren't breeding, during the season so i know and they are seperate. Obviously the fact that it is like a holiday or they enjoy it anymore, is just sort psychological of humans, its just another living area to a gecko. After the breeding season, whoever is in that viv, just stays in, and then all the breeders on the rack go back to their own enclosure's to rest for next year. Then at the start of the next year i would sort out my pairings, decide where everyone is going to be housed. And then start the first pairing in the breeding tub, leave for about a week. Everyone goes back, the next pairing goes in...and so on. During this, the females i plan to breed last are normally in the holiday viv, and by the time it gets round to their turn, the females who went first, will be stopping or slowing down and so will go in to the holiday viv instead.
Hope that example made it a bit clearer lol. Might have over explained it.

WOOOO It's COFFEEE! .. and goliath is the daddy? Smile
I love her ^ ^ she looks more pretty everytime I see her :P
I'm so jealous!
Yeah Goliath is the mean ol' daddy. He's a Mack Snow het BB, and she is a BB.
So have the possibilities of Blizzards, Blazing Blizzards, Mack Blizzards, Mack Blazing Blizzards, Mack Snows, Mack Snow Albino's, Albino's. I thinks thats everything lol, its a great pairing.

Jordan
Jordan
Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by gothicgurrrl Tue May 10, 2011 12:08 am

Smile wooo I can't wait to see all those different morphs that may appear from goliath and coffee Smile I like the sound of mack snow albinos, I have never heard of them. I'm going to look them up today.

nah, you didnt over explain it or anything. I understand the housing situation and the holiday tank perfectly now.

What are the pros and cons of rubs then? I get that they are small and don't give the leos alot of room.. but what else is a bad side to it?
gothicgurrrl
gothicgurrrl
Forum Staff

LGF Points LGF Points : 6090

http://sbf-lionheads.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Mon May 16, 2011 11:15 am

Split to husbandry and housing.
Jordan
Jordan
Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodieh Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:28 pm

I love the ping pong ball. Best idea ever.
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : College is hard. :(
LGF Points LGF Points : 1943

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659492989

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down