Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to buy Ultratherm/T-Rex Cobra uth

3 posters

Go down

Where to buy Ultratherm/T-Rex Cobra uth Empty Where to buy Ultratherm/T-Rex Cobra uth

Post by Kermit Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:44 am

Ok since I've been talking alot lately about how great cobra heat mats are, I figured I'd post some places to shop/look for them. Not having internet right now on my pc all I'm doing is copying links from my favorites list so please forgive if some are dead links.

A little about cobra heat mats- they are manufacturered by Ultratherm scotland, they are exported (and sometimes manufacturered in china) under the name T-Rex cobra heat mat for the U.S. The original made in Scotland Ultratherm cobra heat mat is made by hand to specific strict regulatins using all copper filament banding for the heating elements which makes them more reliable and more consistant with their heating, with less cool spots, than other uth that are made with substandard wire heating filament. The T-rex cobra uses the same copper heating filament as the Ultratherm cobra but is mass produced. The biggest difference between the 2 manufacturers is the wattge of the mats.

The Ultratherm wattage tends to be higher than the T-rex cobra, for example... a 6x11 T-rex cobra mat is only 7 watts where as the ultratherm 6x11 is a 12 watt mat. Obviously the higher wattage will give you a better performing mat, I own both an ultratherm cobra on my ball pythons tank, and a T-rex cobra on my leo's. The ball lives in a 90 gallon slate bottom tank and the 10x30 (or close to that, can't recall off hand) is a 29 watt mat I believe and has no problems heating thru an inch of slate to 102*F. The T-rex cobra on my leo's viv has vinyl tile substrait and during testing got as high as 106*F. They are VERY effective and consitant mats. They are designed to operate at a consistant, constant 100*F, and they do. I use a rheostat (light dimmer) on my mat and even in north west pennslvania never see a fluctuation of more than a degree or 2, even with ambient house temperature changes of 5 degrees or more.

So with that in mind... here are some online shopping sites where you can purchase either the ultratherm or T-rex cobra heat mats. Feel free to post any questions you might have because I have personally throughly tested and used each of these products myself for over 2 years.

For U.S buyers:

LLL reptile- www.lllreptile.com carries the t-rex cobra.
Reptile basics- www.reptilebasics.com (carry actual ultratherm cobra brand with the higher wattage, not t-rex cobra)
www.Reptilesupply.com
Bean farm- www.beanfarm.com (they tend to be a little more expensive than some of the others listed).

For UK buyers:

Exotic pets UK- http://www.exotic-pets.co.uk/ultratherm-heat-mats.html
Emerals isle reptiles- www.emeraldislereptiles.co.uk
123 Aquatics- www.123aquatics.co.uk

You can also find them on amazon.com, just search cobra heat mats, and occasionally on ebay.

Last edited by Kermit on Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Where to buy Ultratherm/T-Rex Cobra uth Empty Re: Where to buy Ultratherm/T-Rex Cobra uth

Post by James Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:48 am

I think im going to by one of these kel, as they look of better quality to mine Smile
James
James
Loyal Member

Status Status : Wants a ferret :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 656

Back to top Go down

Where to buy Ultratherm/T-Rex Cobra uth Empty Re: Where to buy Ultratherm/T-Rex Cobra uth

Post by Kermit Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:55 am

For the price and reliability of them James you really can't do better imo. When you compare them to other mats out there for price, size and wattage, they are far superior.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by ThyUnholy Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:10 am

What size Ultratherm should I get for a 50 gallon?
ThyUnholy
ThyUnholy
Loyal Member

Status Status : Gecko has some good colors coming in.
LGF Points LGF Points : 345

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:01 am

What are the dimensions on the 50 gallon.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down