Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Viv Blueprint

Go down

Custom Viv Blueprint Empty Custom Viv Blueprint

Post by LeopardGex Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:57 am

Ok, so I am going to build a custom vivarium with all custom hides inside. It will probobly take a awhile but I think it will be a cool experiance and turn out looking totally amazing on the inside. The specs,
4 feet long x 2 feet wide x 1.5 feet tall. It is going to have plently of hides and most likely house my leo Mary Jane. It is goning to have: Ply wood sides,back, and bottom with realisticly textured tile flooring. It will have a fiber glass front and be open on the top for me to reach down in. I'm going to build a 2',6" x 9" lamp holder for the top so that i can put a night and day lamp on it. I plan on making the inside hides out of stirofoam and the abundance of bamboo ( after being sanitized well! ) from around my house and town. If I ever get done ,LOL, it will look amazing. Im setting my goal at 4 months to finish it all. I hope to have Mary Jane in it by this summer at least. The theme of the tank is going to be a rocky asain bamboo forest. I know that sounds kind of out there but i know i can pull it together. The hides will be based on a black and grey rocky area deep in the jungles of asia. The bamboo will be put in stirofoam in small amounts that make it look as if it is growing new life. A.K.A. baby bamboos. There will be some small broad leaf plants around a few of the hides. I also plan on putting the slate rock shack i made out of stirofoam in one of the back corners. The water bowls and calcium supplement bowl will most likely be made out of clay and i will lead free glaze it. My leo is going to feel like Queen of the world! I want to know if ya'll have any suggestions other then dont get your hopes up or dont plan on it. I am really confident in my building skills and creativity. So there it is my latest project. Last time I made a roman empire out of stirofoam for a 30 gallon long. I sold the set up to a friend though. Anyway that was off topic. Thanks for the support i know il get. ( LOL that sounded a little pridefull )
LeopardGex
LeopardGex
Loyal Member

Status Status : Xbox Gamertag: Sleet Yargg
LGF Points LGF Points : 666

Back to top Go down