Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tetra Fauna Interlocking Stones

2 posters

Go down

Tetra Fauna Interlocking Stones Empty Tetra Fauna Interlocking Stones

Post by kathstew Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:22 am

Tetra Fauna Interlocking Stones

*The Tetrafauna Interlocking Stones come in two sizes; small and large. This review is regarding the small size.*
Tetra Fauna Interlocking Stones 04679811
The Tetrafauna Interlocking Stones are advertised towards turtles, but can be used for other reptile/amphibians. I bought these stones for my 20 gallon long leopard gecko tank containing two females. The stones cost be approx. $10.00 Canadian.

Their were four stones in the package - two large and two small- along with four sticks used to lock the stones together. Each stone was approx 1/2 inch high, and ranged in length and width from 2 inches to about five inches. The large stones each had two holes and the small stones had one hole, used to connect the stones together.

When I first bought this product I was excited to build a little rock formation for my geckos. This excitement was quickly destroyed as I realized that there are only so many ways you can stack these rocks, because of the different sizes of rocks, the holes don’t align with each other very well. The obvious answer to this problem would be to get more rocks, - 4 rocks (that have already caused problems) for $10.00. Not something I would want to spend more money on. Because of this alignment issue, I am greatly dissatisfied with the product.

The sticks included to connect the rocks together are also very tall, so once aligning the rocks together, you have to cut the stick into pieces to hide it, unless you want a big yellow stick coming out of a rock.

Setting aside the annoying alignment issue, these rocks do have some pros. They are made of a good material that doesn’t stain and is easy to clean. The rocks are also water proof, so they are good for completely submerging into water. The rocks also have a natural tinge to them, making them great for realistic/naturalistic enclosures. These rocks are also sharp-edge free, so no chance of your reptile/amphibian getting cut, but are rough enough to aid in shedding.

All in all, I would not recommend this product to others, unless they are willing to buy multiples of this product.

Over all score: 3 out of 10

BY kathstew
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Tetra Fauna Interlocking Stones Empty Re: Tetra Fauna Interlocking Stones

Post by LeopardGex Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:53 am

When we bought this product for our turtle it was quite the same. REgarding the small set our sticks where fragile and one was broken. We asked for another package, which was not givin to us do to "Mandatory conduct". The rocks where fine with being submerged but eventually they grew algea that was way hard to get off.
I do not recomend thid product to any one AT ALL.
LeopardGex
LeopardGex
Loyal Member

Status Status : Xbox Gamertag: Sleet Yargg
LGF Points LGF Points : 666

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum