Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on blind Leo...

2 posters

Go down

Update on blind Leo... Empty Update on blind Leo...

Post by stubby_leopard Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:39 am

So I went to the vet and she confirmed my fear about Delilah being blind. I took my vitamin powders and she said that my dusting routine and how much was fine, but couldn't give me a reason for why her sight has gone Sad poor little one. So I've been experimenting with her food today and I've found out that if I clip all legs off a cricket and put them in a bowl dabbed with waxworm 'juice' she manages to sniff her way to them, so that's a plus!

She already knows where her mealies are kept so she still moseys on over to them and she's putting on weight and still wanders around so I don't think she's affected too much!

But I'm going to keep an eye on her and keep up with the waxworm juice crickets to get her eating a varied diet! I'm sure she'll be fine Smile
stubby_leopard
stubby_leopard
Loyal Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 480

Back to top Go down

Update on blind Leo... Empty Re: Update on blind Leo...

Post by Kermit Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:07 am

It sounds like you're both doing great dealing with her deficite. Since she is blind she ill def. Use more scent tracking. The other senses will heighten and compensate for the blindness. Just be sure to keep things in the same place, don't move things too much. Comfort to the blind is consistancy. Keep up the good work.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down