Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tank's coming together...

5 posters

Go down

Tank's coming together... Empty Tank's coming together...

Post by geckoluver4evr Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:44 am

So the 20 gallon got a huge new addition today. It's on of those multi-level rock hides from petco. It's huge and it was around $20 but it's perfect for my gecko's. My ninja gecko Biffles loves to climb and crawl and with the huge rock wall on one side and all the levels on the inside, she's going to adore it. So now the tank has 4 hides and all the normal stuff, hygrometer, thermometer, UTH, calcium, 3 in one hide, fake plant, etc... ;D

My gecko's are looking really good! Good color, they eat very well and are pretty active. Biffles adores being held, she literally crawls right into my hand and starts going up my arm every time I put my hand down. Pepper still hates being held but she's still gorgeous and if I make her come out she's fine. ;D Hehe.

Tank's coming together... 00310

Tank's coming together... 01011

Tank's coming together... 01210

Tank's coming together... 01310

Tank's coming together... 01410

Tank's coming together... 01511
geckoluver4evr
geckoluver4evr

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 281

Back to top Go down

Tank's coming together... Empty Re: Tank's coming together...

Post by jessmonster Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:54 am

Looking good! Where did you get that thing on the side?Smile
Only thing is, should you have those two geckos in a tank together?
jessmonster
jessmonster
Loyal Member

Status Status : Hello!
LGF Points LGF Points : 374

Back to top Go down

Post by geckoluver4evr Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:57 am

If ya mean the big rock, I got that at petco. And females can live together if the tank is big enough and they are introduced properly. A 20 gallon is a minimum for 2 geckos but if something ever goes wrong I have a backup 10 gallon, and if all goes well I may eventually upgrade to something even bigger. But seeing as I just upgraded to this last week, I won't be upgrading again anytime. :P
geckoluver4evr
geckoluver4evr

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:59 am

Looks awesome! Its coming together really well! That rock thing is seriously so cool! Oh my gosh! We don't have petcos in Canada, otherwise I'd be pushing my parents to go get one of those right now! That is seriously so cool! :O

Biffles and Pepper are looking great! I love Biffles name <3 (I think I tell you that everytime you post about her LOL!)

jessmonster wrote:Looking good! Where did you get that thing on the side?Smile
Only thing is, should you have those two geckos in a tank together?
Its a 20 gallon long, which is a good size for two geckos. She was advised on how to introduce them Wink
Housing leos can be done, if done properly. There are risks though, which I'm sure OP is aware of. Its definitely not recommended to house leos together if you are a beginner with leos.
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Post by jessmonster Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:01 am

Ah right! Awesome! Can you do the same with males if the tanks big enough and they're introduced properly?
jessmonster
jessmonster
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:17 am

jessmonster wrote:Ah right! Awesome! Can you do the same with males if the tanks big enough and they're introduced properly?
No! Males are very territorial and can not be housed together. There is debate on a male and female pair being kept together. I am in the opinion a male and female should only be housed together for breeding purposes.
Females can be kept together in a tank that has 10 gallons for every leo (so for two leos, you'd need a minimum of 20gallons). The females should be close together in size, and should be monitored very closely to ensure there is no fighting, or one leo eating all the food. Unfortunately, some females can be kept together for years and then one day snap, and begin fighting. So there are risks.
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by jessmonster Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:18 am

Okay! Thanks anyway!
jessmonster
jessmonster
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mardy Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:20 am

Males should never be put together in the same tank, they are very territorial and will fight for their space.

And geckoluver the tank is looking really good, woot. 20 gallon is plenty big for 2 geckos provided they both get to have their own hide/space. So you're fine Smile
Mardy
Mardy
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 2105

http://www.onlinegeckos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by geckoluver4evr Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:28 am

Kathstew - HEHE did I tell you the back story behind Biffles? Very Happy My best guy friend and I call each other that, it's how you'd pronounce BFFL (best friends for life) if it was a word. ;D Hehe. Thank you! Very Happy And haha, I've seen it before but before now I never had the room! Now I do. ;D

Jessmonster - Definitely no males! They are not big fans of other geckos and can become very violent. I was doing my best to introduce them very carefully. First in a completely neutral setting, everyday for a week. I made a maze out of books for them to explore, and every time they crossed paths they'd lick each other and get to know each other and then keep walking around the maze. Then I sanitized and redecorated Pepper's 10 gallon and put them together for 2 nights first, then separated them for a week, then did it again for longer. Then last week I picked up the 20 gallon and they've been together ever since. They are still under careful observation. Smile

Mardy - Thank you! It seems big enough, and they both get plenty of excercise and such since I love to build them mazes or let them roam around on my bed, and I hold them both almost every day. Smile Thank you! I'll see if I can squeeze in one more hide somewhere but for now this is coming along nicely. Very Happy Thanks!

Everything sounding good so far? Smile
geckoluver4evr
geckoluver4evr

Back to top Go down

Post by jessmonster Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:31 am

Yup! Looking great!
jessmonster
jessmonster
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:35 am

geckoluver4evr wrote:Kathstew - HEHE did I tell you the back story behind Biffles? Very Happy My best guy friend and I call each other that, it's how you'd pronounce BFFL (best friends for life) if it was a word. ;D Hehe. Thank you! Very Happy And haha, I've seen it before but before now I never had the room! Now I do. ;D

Everything sounding good so far? Smile

Hahaha, ya you did! I thought that was such a cute, awesome idea! My leo names aren't even close to being so awesomely creative! Most of my names are completely random lol
Well, it looks awesome! I'm super jealous! I will take some pics of my tanks probably tomorrow and post them so you can see mine. Smile
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by samsleopardgeckos Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:37 am

looking very good Smile x
samsleopardgeckos
samsleopardgeckos
Forum Staff

Status Status : Trying to tame the Iggy-Pop :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 2764

Back to top Go down

Post by geckoluver4evr Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:11 am

Kathstew - All credit goes to my guy friend. Very Happy He's like "Well obviously you are going to name it biffles" and my faces went in this order... O_o O_O :P Smile Very Happy ;D LOL so I had to name her that. Can't wait to see your whole crew and their tanks and such! Very Happy

samsleopardgeckos - Thank you very much! I try! Very Happy <3 I adore my geckos. Smile <3
geckoluver4evr
geckoluver4evr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down