Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happen to this leo? (with video)

+3
Mystic
avangelgeckos
paralights
7 posters

Go down

What happen to this leo? (with video) Empty What happen to this leo? (with video)

Post by paralights Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:59 pm

it opens its mouth and keeps "biting the air"

paralights
paralights

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 52

Back to top Go down

What happen to this leo? (with video) Empty Re: What happen to this leo? (with video)

Post by avangelgeckos Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:40 am

That is a gecko trying to regurgitate. That is the only time I have ever seen a gecko do something like that.
avangelgeckos
avangelgeckos

Status Status : Here
LGF Points LGF Points : 129

https://www.facebook.com/avangel.lg

Back to top Go down

What happen to this leo? (with video) Empty Re: What happen to this leo? (with video)

Post by Mystic Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:12 am

i have never seen a leo regurgitate but i have seen many other animals making the same movements and it looks like he is trying to through up. poor little guy i hope he is ok.
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Status Status : Taming my leo
LGF Points LGF Points : 1105

http://mysticgaia.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuhei Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:55 am

Definitely trying to regurgitate...Typhon regurgitated once when I tried him out on phoenix worms...he didn't like them too much.

That leopard gecko looks to be on the thinner side, too... Not too thin, but a little bit if that makes any sense.
Tsuhei
Tsuhei
Review Staff

Status Status : His name is Typhon!!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1733

Back to top Go down

Post by rickmoss95 Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:47 pm

that gecko is not too skinny. that animal is no more than a couple weeks old, they are that small and skinny at hatching. you can tell by the color and darkness of the black banding, after a week and a half, that will start to lighten up, then turns almost grey, then the spots start to show up, almost overnight. he is just really young. and i agree, it looks like it is trying to get something out of its throat, probably just ate too much.
rickmoss95
rickmoss95
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 1245

Back to top Go down

Post by nicky.collier1 Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:30 pm

from what i have heard, the really younge leos tend to eat to much and regurge when they realize they did, it only takes a few times of this for them to learn not to over eat any more.

nicky.collier1

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 225

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuhei Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:29 pm

I just mentioned the gecko being a little thin as something minor and not a health issue, no need to get snappy - it's not like I said it was emaciated*. Neutral If you read my post, I never said it was "too skinny". I actually said "not too thin". Razz

I know what a young leopard gecko looks like. I've seen some very young geckos that looked like they had more to them than the one in the video. Heck, I've seen some chubby babies on Youtube during hatching videos! Crazy. It's obvious this one's bigger than a hatchling based on its proportions that we can see in the video. Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

*If you want to see a young SKINNY gecko, look at one of my original posts with Typhon's first picture on "day 1"...he was approximately two months old when I took that picture and probably only 5 grams when I got him from the reptile shop. I weighed him a week after purchase and he was only 7 grams. THAT is skinny. Rolling Eyes

BACK ON TOPIC

As for the regurgitation behavior/response, just keep an eye on your little one if it keeps happening on a regular basis. It probably just ate more than it could stomach.

+1 to nicky.collier1 - if the gecko ate too much, it'll learn not to overeat again. What happen to this leo? (with video) 131791
Tsuhei
Tsuhei
Review Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by rickmoss95 Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:10 am

wow! if anyone needs to re~read a post it is you(cerra)...i, in no way got 'snappy'. i was just stating that the gecko is very young, and if i get 'snappy' with you, you will KNOW, so just relax...i was not in any way being rude, just trying to inform...sorry if you took it that way, but read my post again, in a 'not attacking you' mode, and i think you will see you may have got a little deffensive for no reason. i have absolutely NO REASON to jump down someones throat, or belittle anyone...i am here to help and inform, as well as learn stuff myself. so i am sorry you took that post as being 'snappy', but it was in no way snappy...again, sorry if you took it that way....no harm, no foul...and no hard feelings on my end. Very Happy
rickmoss95
rickmoss95
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuhei Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:42 am

Maybe this is a misunderstanding on both of our ends. Neutral I wasn’t trying to get defensive, I was just clarifying my thoughts for everyone by responding to your post. I guess the tone of my response didn’t get through well enough (as well as it can through the internet, even with the smiley emoticons…for example, my first sentence was not supposed to sound defensive, but a little taken aback and quiet…in person, I’m relatively shy and soft spoken when initially adding or responding to information…unless I am talking about something I am truly passionate about like animal abuse topics Wink ).

If you re-read my response to your initial post, I was just comparing what you mentioned for young leopard geckos being skinny and videos on Youtube I’ve seen of chunky little babies (I was watching hatching videos at the time when I posted…I love watching babies come out of the egg Embarassed). I guess I won't mention my thoughts on something I observe unless it's relevant to the situation or an obvious problem... I guess it can confuse some newcomers asking questions... So I apologize. ._.;

Also, giving an example of my leopard gecko when he was skinny just meant that I’ve seen thinner geckos than in the video…I was clarifying that I wasn’t truly calling the gecko underweight and giving paralights some reassurance that weight isn't the issue at hand. Plus, I like to talk about my leopard gecko in general…can you blame me? pale

The reason I mentioned your response being “snappy” was how blunt your first sentence was. Again, the internet isn’t the best for translating a person’s tone of voice (thus why I'm using a ton of emoticons right now). Regardless, I decided to clarify my statement based on an observation from my point of view. Smile

This thread has obviously been derailed from its original topic and purpose… Sorry about that everyone! I suggest if you want to talk this out more we move to private messaging. Let’s let bygones be bygones since neither of us are trying to attack each other or be defensive with each other. What happen to this leo? (with video) 131791 Biiiig misunderstanding.

ON WITH THE ISSUE AT HAND! What happen to this leo? (with video) 131791 What happen to this leo? (with video) 131791 Razz Razz
Tsuhei
Tsuhei
Review Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnie Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:29 am

....Well that annoyed the crap out of me. Please dont get mardy at eachother over the internet. Rick having a bad day?
Marnie
Marnie
Loyal Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 484

Back to top Go down

Post by rickmoss95 Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

no worries Cerra, im not mad at all. i totally see where you got that, now that you said something about the first sentance, i could have worded that a little different! my bad. watching baby geckos(or any reptile, but especially geckos) come out of the egg NEVER gets old! i have actually been blessed enough(twice) to have leopard geckos hatch out right in my hand!!! ...but only because my timing was lucky and i saw them cutting the egg as i checked my incubator...i actually tried to make a video, but ended up needing both hands, and could not hold my ipod touch(which actually takes AMAZING HD videos) and pull the little flap back on the egg so you could see the little face...would have been a really cool video, and it was my white and yellow tremper! but anyways, i still love ya! its all good Cerra!
rickmoss95
rickmoss95
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down