Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twitching legs

3 posters

Go down

Twitching legs Empty Twitching legs

Post by jimmyd10 Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:23 am

I got my new gecko about 3 weeks ago. she has been on a steady diet of 8 mealworms and i have crickets in her terrarium every once in a while. This morning i woke up and went to check on her and she was in her hide. I picked up the hide and notice that she is gonna shed. But, she stood up and when she took 1 step her right leg look twitched for a second and it looked like her leg had a quick seizure. Then she took another step and it happened to her other leg. Later when i got home from school, it looked like she was just on the brink of shedding. but i put in some mealworms and she stood on 3 legs to take a look. Then she put 1 leg forward and it didn't twitch, but she stood on 3 legs again but this time with the opposite leg in the front.
Please help. pale
jimmyd10
jimmyd10

Status Status : thinking of expanding my kingdom
LGF Points LGF Points : 351

Back to top Go down

Twitching legs Empty Re: Twitching legs

Post by Mystic Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:14 am

what supplements are you using for her? do you have a multie vitamin? and do you give her calcium powder?
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Status Status : Taming my leo
LGF Points LGF Points : 1105

http://mysticgaia.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rickmoss95 Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:28 am

i would guess it could be metobolic bone desease. if she has not been getting enough calcium, the bones will get really weak and fragile...and contratry to what alot of people believe, this desease also affects the muscles. so the animal is overall weak and fragile...
rickmoss95
rickmoss95
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 1245

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:34 am

thanks for explaining that rick i was thinking that might be what it was but i didn't want to say anything if i wasn't sure, but that's why i was asking about the supplementation.
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyd10 Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:51 am

As it turns out it was just her shedding the skin in her armpits off. She is on Calcium and Vitamin C. Also i know that it is normal to help out with her toes, how should i do so.
jimmyd10
jimmyd10

Status Status : thinking of expanding my kingdom
LGF Points LGF Points : 351

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:40 am

what do you mean vitamin c ? and you should really get some rapashies all in one vitamin suplament or something like it because she needs the D3 in it to help her absorb the calcium, is the calcium your giving her made just for reptiles and is it plain calcium powder? as for her toes, you can put her in a container with some warm water in it and place a lid or towel half way across the top, let her sit in it for 5 to 10 minutes and then with a Q tip try and gently rub the shed off her toes.
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: