Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White and Yellow

Go down

White and Yellow  Empty White and Yellow

Post by rickmoss95 Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:55 am

i have to say that from what i have produced this year, although not alot, the white and yellow gene is very interesting. with my sunglow to white and yellow sunglow breedings, i have found this so far: the babies all look identical as hatchlings, aside from a slight pink tint on the w&y sunglows, and a more purple tint on the non white and yellow sunglows. at first i was pretty disappointed, thinking i did not get ANY white and yellow sunglows. after a couple weeks however, the white and yellows lighten up considerably! they look to have a white powder all over them almost, like a white glaze look...kinka cool. also, to date, everything that has turned out to be white and yellows, have a little circle between the back legs. i dont know if this is a marker, or just ironic... also, the white and yellow animals have really washed out heads, with almost no color, aside from a couple orange spots on the nose. the heads are very cool looking! i got four eggs out of my white and yellow sunglow to my mack snow tremper female...unfortunately, only one was firtile..and i did not get my white and yellow snow tremper Sad ...the baby that hatched is obviously a tremper albino. i though that that is all, just a tremper...but as a few weeks started to pass, this animal has developed really high white sides, which is a w/y trait, the washed out head, and the light powder look that my sunglow white and yellows are showing! so i think this girl may be a tremper white and yellow...also, she has no stripe across her front shoulders, so she has a very cool look to her. no spot between the back legs though...next year i will have a better idea, as i will have alot more breedings from white and yellow to show me some more. i am going to breed one of my white and yellow sunglow females to my phantom, and see what a white and yellow phantom looks like! craig says they are pretty awesome!! phantoms are the urban line snow, and sunglow genetics all in one animal, so breeding my phantom to a white and yellow female, i should get one in four white and yellow phantoms. next year should be very interesting, and the year after that should be just mindblowing!!! just though i would share some of my findings with my white and yellow breedings, feel free to ask any questions, or even giving any breeding ideas on the white and yellow stuff.....there is just so much to be done with it!!!! cant wait to see what i can do with this gene!
rickmoss95
rickmoss95
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 1245

Back to top Go down