Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leopard Gecko(s) name help

2 posters

Go down

Leopard Gecko(s) name help Empty Leopard Gecko(s) name help

Post by Dosercody Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:37 am

I just got five new leos, ranging from 3-5 months old. A mack snow albino het eclipse (RAPTOR) male, a RAPTOR female, a mack tremper w/ stripe female, eclipse female, and an enigma het eclipse (RAPTOR) female. Four females, one male. I need name ideas. Currently I have a Shadow and Echo, which kinda has a theme in a way... Maybe not. Anyway, ideas? Smile

I'll post pics when I get my ipod touch back (GF borrowed for a trip to Montana)

Dosercody

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 255

Back to top Go down

Leopard Gecko(s) name help Empty Re: Leopard Gecko(s) name help

Post by kathstew Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:49 am

Wow! Congrats on getting all those new leos! Remember to QT them for at least a month before introducing them to your current leos!

I am terrible at names, so I don't think you want me to torture you too much.
Here are a few names though: Flame, Fiery, Blizzard, Blaze, Talia, Nightmare, Dream, Magic, Mystic/Mystical,

:P
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Post by Dosercody Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:54 am

Actually I love all of those, and will use them if I or anyone else doesn't come up with something even better Smile Though yours are great. And yes, the quarantine stage. Always a long month or two lol I am curious about your opinion on this though. Since all geckos were from the same owner, and shipped in the same package obviously, thus passing possible diseases, think I should quarantine all the five new ones from each other? I was planning on it, but its a bit more hassle than if I could put them into two and three. Though obviously if there is health risk, not happening. What do you think? Smile

Dosercody

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:22 am

I'm glad you like them! LOL! I love names that have to do with fire (in case you couldn't tell with a lot of those, LOL~). I'm gonna name my next pet something to do with fire.

I've never bought more than one leo at one time, so I'm not sure. I think it would be OK to QT them in small groups (girls together, males alone). If they were from the same owner and were shipped together. I would get the opinion of a few more people on that though. I think the main priority would be making sure that if they had something it wasn't passed to your two original leos.

Are you planning to breed them, or are they just pets?
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Dosercody Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:45 am

Fire names are great Smile I feel the same way. I want to breed the RAPTOR to the male het RAPTOR next year or the following possibly, and depending on how finances are and the amount of free time I have, possibly the male to the four females above (but first I'm going to study there genetic makeup as to not just create a muddied mess tongue). So yes, I'd like to breed them.

Dosercody

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:59 am

Thats awesome!

I'm looking for a male RAPTOR to breed to my tremper albino. I want to brighten a tremper line.
Haven't found a male in my price range/area yet though. But I'm in no hurry, as I'd also like to breed cresties, and I may have found a female for my male. Smile

I LOVE RAPTORs. They are so gorgeous!
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Dosercody Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:02 am

RAPTORs are beautiful, I'll get a pic of mine to show you when I get my ipod touch back lol My camera phone wouldn't do her justice. If you'd like I'll PM you the site of which I bought mine off of, and you can contact him about possible male RAPTORs. I doubt he has any now, as he was doing a blow out sale. And the weather change is making it hard to ship. But he has fair prices, and this time next year you could get a steal Smile If your interested.

Dosercody

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:49 am

Definitely PM me it please! Smile
Can't wait to see the picture of her!
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down