Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should I be concerned? And advice? (UPDATE 10/26)

+2
asianpersuasion
Dosercody
6 posters

Go down

Should I be concerned? And advice? (UPDATE 10/26) Empty Should I be concerned? And advice? (UPDATE 10/26)

Post by Dosercody Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:40 am

Should I be concerned? And advice? (UPDATE 10/26) C4C8CDE7-orig
I picked up this lil Leo two days ago from someone on craigslist whom stated she had never seen (s)he eat and only bit when sprayed with water... You can imagine what I thought. As soon as I put the lil guy in a tank (s)he attacked a mealworm. Led me to wonder what she was feeding it... I then gave my buddy another two, and then it discovered the mealie dish and ate at least two more. Shortly after I saw a stool, mildly watery. On the second day I found one regurgitated cricket, and this...

Should I be concerned? And advice? (UPDATE 10/26) C46BE95E-orig

It appears to be a partially pooped mealworm, then it's shell? You be the judge. Anyway, obviously my buddy is very skinny, but considering he's eaten at least seven mealworms and one cricket, regurgitated, should I be concerned? Factoring in the info above? I'm hoping the girl who owned him was just very uneducated, and the poor guy is starving, rather than him being sick. Anything y'all know helps Smile.

On a side note, morph I.D? I'm thinking normal, but I'm never good at identifying juvies.

UPDATE (10/26)

I bought some more crickets today, and put Shadow (Came up with a name,
got tired of refering to him/her as "him/her," "it," "(s)he") in a small
feeding cage with about 10 of them and some meal worms. Wouldn't touch
the meal worms, and seemed uninterested which was weird since he
attacked them the first day. But he did eat about 8 crickets, small of
course, and was chasing down a few strays in his aquarium last I
checked.

One new fecal matter, appeared normal. Looking good so far. Smile Just
for fun, I do have another leo named Echo, Tremper Albino, theres a
picture in the picture section, morph I.D. subsection, whom I have NEVER
seen eat. I have had her (obviously I don't know, but funny how I
think of a "her") for around 18 days. She is very shy and rarely comes
out of her hide, which I know is quite typical and normal. I always
find fecal matter, normal in appearance, and her belly always appears full. I'm not concerned, just kind of a fun fact how both leos are so different. Shadow, the underweight one, I can always find hunting, while Echo, I've never seen eat and appears a healthy juvie. Anyhow, feel free to leave your take on Shadow and Echo Smile

Last edited by Dosercody on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:32 am; edited 3 times in total

Dosercody

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 255

Back to top Go down

Should I be concerned? And advice? (UPDATE 10/26) Empty Re: Should I be concerned? And advice? (UPDATE 10/26)

Post by asianpersuasion Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:42 am

hey dosecody your picture links didnt work its just showing the text. Could u try to repost the pictures
asianpersuasion
asianpersuasion
Loyal Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 1060

http://www.wix.com/asianpersuasion529/nocoleopardgeckos

Back to top Go down

Should I be concerned? And advice? (UPDATE 10/26) Empty Re: Should I be concerned? And advice? (UPDATE 10/26)

Post by Dosercody Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:44 am

Fixing now Smile I noticed as well

Dosercody

Back to top Go down

Post by asianpersuasion Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:47 am

ok well one of them popped up and MY LORD it is skinny. It does look like its just a normal Leo. Did you dust the mealworms that you fed to the poor fella?
If not you need to start dusting all of the worms with a good multivitamin and calcium w/D3 at every feeding. Also you should look at getting him/her a few wax worms and give her 1-2 wax worms a week to help get him/her weight up.

Last edited by asianpersuasion on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
asianpersuasion
asianpersuasion
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dosercody Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:47 am

Should be good, at least on my browser. Let me know if it's not working for anyone.

Dosercody

Back to top Go down

Post by asianpersuasion Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:49 am

they are both working now. The 2nd pic its hard telling what that is but does appear to be some part of a mealworm
asianpersuasion
asianpersuasion
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dosercody Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:50 am

asianpersuasion:

I did dust, and will continue to do so Smile I'm in the works of finding wax worms in my area, I've never had need for them before now. So you think the second pick is just a regurgitated mealie? It seemed partially pooped in appearance...Which is what threw me off.

Dosercody

Back to top Go down

Post by asianpersuasion Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:54 am

yea i think so. You know she is eating so thats a good sign. I think the person you got her from either was completely uninformed about leos or they just didnt care. Keep with the feedings everyday with her and just keep an eye on her to make sure that she is infact eating and keep checking for her "poop" to make sure she is digesting everything well and just keep watching over her. And ya def try to find the Wax worms as soon as possible. Also make sure she has plenty of fresh clean water in the Viv with her at all time. Good Luck and hope she gets well. Keep us posted
asianpersuasion
asianpersuasion
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dosercody Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:59 am

Thanks Smile and I will!

Dosercody

Back to top Go down

Post by Karagain Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:11 am

This leo is severly underweight Sad!!! could you please fill out our health questionnaire http://www.leopardgeckoforum.com/t134-please-read-and-fill-out-with-your-health-questions To help us help you Smile

Welcome to the forums!
Karagain
Karagain
Forum Staff

Status Status : Finally got a day off :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 1246

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:13 am

A note, don't give him/her too many waxworms, as they can become addicted to them, but defintiely give her 1 or 2 a week as it will help her gain some weight.

Poor leo, its tail is sooo skinny! Its really underweight.

Its a pretty normal!
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Post by smsararas2 Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:08 am

WOW, poor thing, you have some great advice above and I really wish you the best with him/her!!
smsararas2
smsararas2
Forum Staff

Status Status : Just found out Fly is worth 6-800 dollars....oh my
LGF Points LGF Points : 1470

http://smsararas2.webnode.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:36 am

poor little baby, I'm so glad you saved him/her. and i agree with karagain would you please fill out the health questionnaire we will be able to help you out more by knowing your set and what not.
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Status Status : Taming my leo
LGF Points LGF Points : 1105

http://mysticgaia.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dosercody Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:33 am

UPDATED.

And @Mystic, I am glad I saved him/her as well Smile

Dosercody

Back to top Go down

Post by asianpersuasion Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:56 am

Well thats good to hear Dosercody. Glad she is eating and seems to me that she will come around before you know it. Good Job keep it up and hope shadow gets well soon
asianpersuasion
asianpersuasion
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down