Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soft Shell Turtle Rescue.

2 posters

Go down

Soft Shell Turtle Rescue. Empty Soft Shell Turtle Rescue.

Post by smsararas2 Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:10 am

Hello ladies and Gents,

As some of you may know I take in rescues and I have received a call about a soft shell turtle. I am getting it in a couple days but of course am cramming in the research so please ANY info that anyone may have, please share with me Wink

Thanks Everyone
smsararas2
smsararas2
Forum Staff

Status Status : Just found out Fly is worth 6-800 dollars....oh my
LGF Points LGF Points : 1470

http://smsararas2.webnode.com/

Back to top Go down

Soft Shell Turtle Rescue. Empty Re: Soft Shell Turtle Rescue.

Post by Carmella Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:05 am

Hey! I love softshells and I have a bunch of them. LOL, they are great! I take in rescues also. And the larger ones I've taken in, it was hard to get them on pellets. Even my other larger aquatic turtles I've taken in were a little stubborn to eat pellets. But they gave in eventually. They were very shy/scared. Post some pics when you get him/her. I feed feeder fish/crayfish/crickets/roachs and pellets. I also do floating vegetation. Do you know the history of the turtle? If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I've been keeping softshells for some time now Soft Shell Turtle Rescue. 131791
Carmella
Carmella
Loyal Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 360

Back to top Go down

Post by smsararas2 Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:19 pm

Do they eat Superworms as well? I am so glad that there is someone here who knows about the. I will let you know when we get him/her. Is there any tips you can give me about enclosures?

Thanks Carmella
smsararas2
smsararas2
Forum Staff

Status Status : Just found out Fly is worth 6-800 dollars....oh my
LGF Points LGF Points : 1470

http://smsararas2.webnode.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmella Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:06 pm

Hey! You can try superworms. Mine will eat them but when you put them in the water, they kinda curl up and stop moving so there is no movement for the turtle to see. So I use forceps and dangle it in front of them under water. As Far as enclosures. I use mostly 40 gallon breeders with soft sand on the bottom. Depends on the size of the turtle...Some have a floating dock. Some use it, like the younger ones. My older ones I rarely see out of the water. They prefer to stay buried under the sand. I have water heaters so there is no need for a basking light. They all do really well and I actually just picked up another baby Florida soft shell. Ill try to get some pics up soon. Other things...ummmm... they like to bite when handled and they are fast. LOL, Any other questions, let me know Very Happy
Carmella
Carmella
Loyal Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down