Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ideas on a morph for next breeding season????????

5 posters

Go down

ideas on a morph for next breeding season????????  Empty ideas on a morph for next breeding season????????

Post by gman Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:16 am

ideas on a morph for next breeding season????????  251204_10150196581206560_508681559_7787865_5835817_n

what would you put to this morph im not sure on her morph as im new to all this so want advice thanks in advance..............
gman
gman

LGF Points LGF Points : 174

Back to top Go down

ideas on a morph for next breeding season????????  Empty Re: ideas on a morph for next breeding season????????

Post by smsararas2 Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:56 am

Does she have red eyes? She reminds me of my hybinos.
smsararas2
smsararas2
Forum Staff

Status Status : Just found out Fly is worth 6-800 dollars....oh my
LGF Points LGF Points : 1470

http://smsararas2.webnode.com/

Back to top Go down

ideas on a morph for next breeding season????????  Empty Re: ideas on a morph for next breeding season????????

Post by gman Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:23 am

na she has what looks like gray eyes with red vains in them i cant get a good pic of them or id put them on for you to
gman
gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:38 am

Im just gonna copy and paste my reply to your PM here so others can have this advice too:

Well it looks to be a sunglow from what i can see.

I advise you not to put any gecko with it. Nobody should be pairing up gecko's with unknown genetics. Unless for the purposes of test breeding which should only be done by very experienced breeders with big breeding set ups.

You see how you have this gecko, and you don't know what morph it is? and you don't know the genetics of it?
The reason for this is the result of people breeding leo's with unknown genetics in the first place... if you continue to breed these unknown leo's then it is just fuelling and growing the amount of leo's out there which nobody knows anything about genetically.

I advise oyu not to breed it, as the babies will be unknown... their babies will be unknown and so on... and these babies will be past on to other people who will in turn breed more unknown babies.
Jordan
Jordan
Forum Staff

Status Status : The review team rocks!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1923

http://supermorphleos.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gman Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:16 am

ive sold most of my young geckos that ive already bred to a local reptile shop as im trying to prove out what genes my other geckos mybe carrying i thought id try an do that instead of selling to other breeders atleast untill i had a better understanding of the morphs as i thought everyone had to start somewhere with little or no knowledge... cheers for your advice
gman
gman

Back to top Go down

Post by kingklick90 Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:52 am

@ Jordan I have a tremper sunglow het for Raptor would u b able to breed it to something since I know its genes and if so what would you think would be best to pair it with to make something unique?
kingklick90
kingklick90

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:41 am

Pair your sunglow het raptor with a raptor.

Its unlikely to make anything unique without finding some new genes or buying an expensive rare morph.
Jordan
Jordan
Forum Staff

Status Status : The review team rocks!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1923

http://supermorphleos.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gothicgurrrl Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:29 am

wow Smile what a pretty coloured leo :P
gothicgurrrl
gothicgurrrl
Forum Staff

LGF Points LGF Points : 6090

http://sbf-lionheads.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down