Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help for sick leo (Diet, skin and infection)

+3
samsleopardgeckos
Maggie118
Xelleybelly
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Need help for sick leo (Diet, skin and infection) - Page 3 Empty Re: Need help for sick leo (Diet, skin and infection)

Post by Xelleybelly Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:54 am

Ok so here some:

Here's an underview

Need help for sick leo (Diet, skin and infection) - Page 3 Img_2311

Here's one side view:

Need help for sick leo (Diet, skin and infection) - Page 3 Img_2312

Another shot

Need help for sick leo (Diet, skin and infection) - Page 3 Img_2313

These were the best shots I could get with the lighting being bad I had to use my phone and camera XD
Xelleybelly
Xelleybelly

Status Status : Dean is healing up hopefully, lets hope for a quick recovery!
LGF Points LGF Points : 195

Back to top Go down

Need help for sick leo (Diet, skin and infection) - Page 3 Empty Re: Need help for sick leo (Diet, skin and infection)

Post by samsleopardgeckos Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:33 pm

Thanks for posting the pics. In the middle pic looks like the white is shed skin stuck around the scab and that skin underneath is either not healed or still has a problem. Honestly if i was you i would get him checked by the vet just to be sure cos if your anything like me it will bug you till you do and all you'll do is worry about him Smile
samsleopardgeckos
samsleopardgeckos
Forum Staff

Status Status : Trying to tame the Iggy-Pop :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 2764

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:37 am

I agree... it looks like that big chunk of nasty is trying to fall off revealing the new viable skin/body parts beneath. A follow up with the vet would be a good idea cause he could excise that necrotic bit of skin that's half way off and the healing process could continue at a much faster pace with out it there.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xelleybelly Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:16 am

Ok I will need to get too that.

He is looking in so much better shape he seems so hyper! He is running around all around his cage climbing on things, pooping, eating and looking happy.

He is eating alot, gave him two mealworms and 2 crickets (small ones) yesterday and gobbled them up.

Gave him another 2 crickets today cause he was moving around like he does when he is hungry but I don't wanna over feed him but I imagine he is hungry after not eating for so long.
Xelleybelly
Xelleybelly

Back to top Go down

Post by samsleopardgeckos Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:31 am

glad to hear Dean is a lively boy again and eating well Smile

hows his scab looking now?
samsleopardgeckos
samsleopardgeckos
Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Xelleybelly Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:36 am

It's dried up a bit more. Still looks similar to the posted pictures but the way he is acting I'm not going to put a rush on taking him so I'm going to get him in this upcoming weekend
Xelleybelly
Xelleybelly

Back to top Go down

Post by samsleopardgeckos Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:47 am

I think your doing whats right for Dean as he's so happy and hyper Smile glad its dried up a bit more Smile
samsleopardgeckos
samsleopardgeckos
Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Xelleybelly Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:02 pm

So Dean is shedding again and the necrotic scab is almost off but it looks really sore under there and he is biting off the scab to help pull it off. I hope he doesn't eat it. O.o
Xelleybelly
Xelleybelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Xelleybelly Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:03 pm

Also it looks like he doesn't have the teste lump ont ha side anymore O.o maybe he lost his testicle to that infection? Anyway I'll keep and eye on it after I get back from studying but I hope it it heals up nicely otherwise I'll try taking him in tomorrow.
Xelleybelly
Xelleybelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Xelleybelly Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:47 pm

Ok so it looks like it fell off, or more like he pulled it off, and I grabbed it before he could eat it if he was going too. There is a bit more skin back there and he tried to reach for it but he was making sounds like he was in pain when he reached back there. I think I;m going to take him tot he vet tonight cause I'm worried about him sucks that I have a test tomorrow :/ oh well his life is more precious to me.
Xelleybelly
Xelleybelly

Back to top Go down

Post by samsleopardgeckos Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:47 pm

best to get checked if your worried hun x hope all is ok with him tho x
samsleopardgeckos
samsleopardgeckos
Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Xelleybelly Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:08 am

Ok so went to Vet. He said Dean looks nice, he weighs about 88 g and such. His wound is raw. Said to continue Dean on he Baytril for another 1-2 weeks, maybe up to 4 now that the infection is off of him and it can heal correctly. Lets hope sooner and later cause I know Dean doesn't like how it makes him feel!
Xelleybelly
Xelleybelly

Back to top Go down

Post by samsleopardgeckos Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:26 am

awwww bless him more nasty tasting anti-biotics but at least he's on the mend Smile x
samsleopardgeckos
samsleopardgeckos
Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:44 pm

Hope every thing is ok. Please keep us posted and try to get some new pix if you're comfortable doing it.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xelleybelly Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:57 pm

Ok let me try to get a curret picture of it now. It looks like it dried a bit so thats good, only thing is a piece of moss got caught in it cause it was moist XD I need to get it out but he is so squirshmish
Xelleybelly
Xelleybelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Xelleybelly Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:30 pm

Need help for sick leo (Diet, skin and infection) - Page 3 Img_2410

This is what it looks like now. I used tweezers and got the piece of moss off. Much better then that big black thing before. Still looks a bit sickly though so hopefully this continuation of antibiotics will help Smile
Xelleybelly
Xelleybelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodieh Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:37 pm

Looks like it's trying to heal to me, good job on getting everything fixed up with this guy thumbs up.
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : College is hard. :(
LGF Points LGF Points : 1943

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659492989

Back to top Go down

Post by Xelleybelly Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:14 pm

Oh good Smile Yeah I hope thats what it does. I just feel bad cause Dean will probably go back to not eating very much again casue thats how the antibiotics made him feel last time but maybe not
Xelleybelly
Xelleybelly

Back to top Go down

Post by samsleopardgeckos Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:44 pm

looks alot better than the crusty scab hun Smile and at 88grams he'll be fine if the anti-biotics put him off his food again x
samsleopardgeckos
samsleopardgeckos
Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by smsararas2 Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:38 pm

I am glad that everything is looking up. You are doing a great job taking care of him!!
smsararas2
smsararas2
Forum Staff

Status Status : Just found out Fly is worth 6-800 dollars....oh my
LGF Points LGF Points : 1470

http://smsararas2.webnode.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Xelleybelly Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:05 am

Thanks Smile) Now to deal with giving him medicine again lol. I tried the nose thing but he doesn't lick it until its falling into his mouth XD But I'll keep trying diffenrt ways, I always end up losing some of the medicine cause he moves so much :/
Xelleybelly
Xelleybelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3