Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i just wanna no if im doing every thing right

3 posters

Go down

i just wanna no if im doing every thing right  Empty i just wanna no if im doing every thing right

Post by Drip55 Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:03 pm

About your leo:
- Sex idk
- Age & Weight not sure
- Morph (if you know) high yellow
- How long have you owned your leo 3 months
- Where was he/she obtained (Pet store, breeder, wild caught, etc.)
- Is your leo wild caught or captive bred petsmart

A) Health/History
- How often do you handle your leo every other day
- Is your leo acting any different today? If so how not really
- Has he/she had any problems in the past, if so please describe.
B) Fecals
- Describe-Do they look any different than normal
- When was the last time he/she went like a hour ago
C) Problem
- Please briefly describe the problem/issue you are experiencing and how long it has been going on

Housing:
A) Enclosure
- Size 20 gal
- Type (ex. glass tank, screen enclosure, tub kept) glass
- Type of substrate (sand, vinyl tiles, ceramic/stone tiles, etc.) paper towels
- Hides (how many, location and type (hothide, humid hide, regular hide etc.) 2 hot 1 shed in the middle an 2 cold
B) Heating
- What is your main heat source (heat bulbs, under tank heat mat etc) **Please include the brand and size of your UTH if you use one** 30 to 40 gallon zoo med
- What are your cage temps (hot side and cool side) 70 on cold 94 hot
- Method of regulating your heat source (thermostat, rheostat, light dimmer etc.)
- What are you using to measure your temps (probe thermometer, infrared lazer tempo gun, stick on temp gauge, etc) probe thermometer
- Do you have any lights (describe type (red,blue, basking etc) and cycle duration)
C) Cage mates room light an night blue light
- How many (males, females)
- Describe health, or previous problems of cage mates

Describe Diet:
A) Typical diet meal worms an an as a treat wax worms
- What are you feeding
- How often are you feeding your gecko and how much per feeding? once every other day mayb 6to8 meal worms
- How are you feeding (hand fed, tongs/tweezers, left in dish, ect) dropped in an dish
B) Supplements rept cal with out d3
- What calcium suppliment are you using (please include brand) rept cal with out d3
- What multi vitimin are you using (please include brand)
-How are you implimenting your suppliment program (how often do you dust with each suppliment, do you leave calcium in the tank 24/7 etc.) 3 times a week
- What are you gutloading your feeder insects with carrots an apples
Drip55
Drip55
Loyal Member

Status Status : [IMG]https://2img.net/h/i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n554/tonykunz50/jpg.jpg[/IMG]
LGF Points LGF Points : 682

Back to top Go down

i just wanna no if im doing every thing right  Empty Re: i just wanna no if im doing every thing right

Post by Mardy Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:31 pm

Only thing I see is that you should purchase a multivitamin supplement for dusting purposes. Brands like Repashy Calcium Plus, Zoo Med Reptivite, and Rep-Cal Herptivite are all great popular brands Unless your repcal without D3 is the multivitamin supplement. Are you using repcal herptivite? Or repcal calcium without d3?

If it's just pure calcium, you want to get a multivitamin supplement to dust with. It should be one that contains D3 and you would dust 2-3x a week. Repashy calcium plus already contains D3, Zoo med Reptivite and RepCal Herptivite both have a version with D3.

Now if the repcal you have is Herptivite, which is a multivitamin supplement, then you need to get something with D3. Either calcium with D3 or one of the multivitamin supplements with D3. D3 is still required for captive leopard geckos to thrive and absorb calcium properly. Again D3 should be given 2-3x a week and you should be fine.
Mardy
Mardy
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 2105

http://www.onlinegeckos.com

Back to top Go down

i just wanna no if im doing every thing right  Empty Re: i just wanna no if im doing every thing right

Post by Kermit Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:43 pm

Only problem I can see is you don't mention if you're using a multi vit and you're not dusting with anything containing D3. Without D3 your animal can't absorb calcium. A good all in 1 suppliment such as repashy calcium plus or t-rex brand complete leopard gecko dust icb b y sandfire foods are both great options. Pretty fool proof, just dust every other feeding for juvie or laying females, I dust my adult male maybe 2-3x a month. The age or approximate age of your leo is important as well since juvies (under 4-5 mos old) require warmer temps than sub adults (5-6 mos to a year) and adult geckos and feel more secure with more hiding places that usually adults don't really need. Overall tho pretty good.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Drip55 Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:50 am

OK will look into getting that fix thank you guys
Drip55
Drip55
Loyal Member

Status Status : [IMG]https://2img.net/h/i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n554/tonykunz50/jpg.jpg[/IMG]
LGF Points LGF Points : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down