Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long Day

3 posters

Go down

Long Day Empty Long Day

Post by jessmonster Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:40 am

My Whippet, Coire, hurt her leg last night chasing a fox. This morning she was still limping so we phoned up the vet and got an appointment as soon as possible. When we got there the vet told us that she needed an X-Ray. So my mum and I went and drove my aunt's Californian King Corn Snake to a vet down in Cumbernauld and get her checked out for a "lump" which turned out to be cancer (she won't recover fully but will probably live). On the way back my mum received a phone call saying that Coire had broken one of her toes. Then we had to drop the snake back with my aunt and my mum stayed gabbing for what felt like ages but was only about 10 to 15 minutes. Then we went out shopping for birthday cake/food/paper plates etc. Then we went to my other aunt's who had a computer that needed to be fixed (my dad fixes computers) and ended up staying there for a coffee. Then my mum decided that she needed to go shopping for parrot food but didn't do so well at hiding the fact that she was actually going to get my birthday card. So i stayed with my aunt and uncle while she went out to get the parrot food Wink and ended up going to so my half cousin's new baby girl. So we stayed there for 5 minutes. When we got back to my aunt's house it was only a couple of minutes until my mum arrived back. We immediately went to get my dog from the vet and found that she was wearing a pink bandage with purple love hearts right down her front right leg. So we took her home and that's us just in.
We left home at about 11:25am and got home about half an hour ago!
jessmonster
jessmonster
Loyal Member

Status Status : Hello!
LGF Points LGF Points : 374

Back to top Go down

Long Day Empty Re: Long Day

Post by Kermit Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:46 am

Wow buy day indeed. Thakfully it was just a broken toe and not a torn ACL/CCL ligament which is very common in site hounds. I got to spend the majority of my day in ohio about 2 hours from my house (mind you its 4th of july here, indepenance day, so traffic was horrid the whole drive), evaluating a biting cocker spaniel... got bit 2 times too lil bastard Very Happy. At least he'll live. He was being evaluated to see if he should be put to sleep for biting several people... I really dont like that part of my job where I'm the deciding vote whether a dog lives or dies.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by smsararas2 Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:42 pm

Awwww, that would be a very difficult job Kel:(
smsararas2
smsararas2
Forum Staff

Status Status : Just found out Fly is worth 6-800 dollars....oh my
LGF Points LGF Points : 1470

http://smsararas2.webnode.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:21 pm

Sometimes it can be very difficult but fortuntely the positives usually far outweigh the negatives. I need balance or i'd get burnt out too fast Very Happy
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by smsararas2 Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:15 pm

I completely understand what you are saying.
smsararas2
smsararas2
Forum Staff

Status Status : Just found out Fly is worth 6-800 dollars....oh my
LGF Points LGF Points : 1470

http://smsararas2.webnode.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jessmonster Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:48 pm

Me too.
I had a good day all the same. I spent the whole day in a boiling car but it was fun. Smile
jessmonster
jessmonster
Loyal Member

Status Status : Hello!
LGF Points LGF Points : 374

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down